Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The End is NEAR!

Well I had another doctors appointment today being 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant with twins. I met with a Doctor Livingston who was the last doctor that I needed to meet. She is a nice lady. She actually gave me another quick ultrasound to make sure both babies were head down and YES they are still HEAD DOWN!!! The baby girl is closest to the cervix still and kicking like crazy. All the doctors say she looks sooo happy in there!! I don't know how she is so happy when her brother the big 6 pound 5 oz boy is sitting on top of her practically!!! She is going to be one TUFF girl (maybe she will be a good soccer player!!!) The boy doesn't seem to move as much as the girl, but maybe its just because he is always in weird positions. I'm happy though that he flipped and now is ready to come.

But anyways back to the appointment. I am now weighing 169lbs!!! Ohh man. I seriously can't believe all this weight. It makes me so sick at night when I have to roll over. I had to wake up 3 times last night to go the bathroom and I kept thinking I'd rather be waking up to go nurse two cute little babies. I can barely get toilet paper in my hands b/c they swell up so much at night! My legs ache as well from carrying all this weight and my feet are now a whole size bigger. My cousin bought his wife a NEW PAIR of shoes for carrying her baby the 9 months. I GUESS i better tell JUSTIN he owes me TWO NEW PAIR of SHOES for carrying TWINS almost 9 months!!!! Plus I can't fit into any of my shoes!! My poor body will never be the same. Sorry I keep getting off the topic. But the Perinatologist recommends the babies being delivered between 37 and 38 weeks. My doctor said they like to wait until 38 and a half weeks so we set the induction for November 24th even though the 23rd is when I would be exactly 38 and a half weeks but that is our anniversary so I put it on the 24th. However, the my doctor called back and said we needed to move it closer. I am SOOOO GLAD b/c I really didn't want to have to be in the hospital on THANKSGIVING day. So now THE BABIES will FOR SURE be here on 11-19-09!!!! I go in at 7am to be induced. Hopefully all will go well.

I really hope they come just naturally but at least I have a end date to look forward to. I'm not all about being induced but they are concerned since baby A (the girl) is staying so small. Dr. Livingston will deliver (good name, hopefully good doctor!). So there we go! I can't believe it will be next week! I'm glad I have at least one more week to prepare but then I dread sleeping one more week with TWINS!

10 comments:

A Roper said...

YEAH!!! I bet your go into labor before then...but it's nice to know there is an end in sight!!! :)

Tiffany Kadani said...

I can't imagine being pregnant let alone with twins. I hope all goes well.

Uhh... Justin not only owes you two pairs of shoes but a brand new wardrobe. What you're doing is amazing and should be rewarded.

TheRapunzelGirl said...

how exciting and nerve-wracking! hopefully everything goes well over the next few weeks!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

AHH!! You are almost there Marin! Hang in there! I have a hard time believing that you are that uncomfortable because you look so incredibly good! :) I'm just kidding, I'm sure being pregnant with twins does a number to ya! Oh and I guarantee that you will get your rockin' body back in no time. Remember those two sisters in my ward that I was telling you about? They both look amazing.. they said that your body eventually goes back to normal but that it may take a little longer than with only one baby. So no worries! I'm super excited for you guys! Keep us updated throughout the week!

The Harrisons said...

Yay, they are almost here! I can't wait. Your time is almost up!

Brynley said...

go marin!!!! amazing!

hayley said...

oh boy, they are coming. I haven't heard you sound so miserable, you must be done:) I can't wait to meet them! Hang in there, you can do it, and your body will get back down. I think you were your skinniest ever after Carden so I know you can do it. Love you

Makenna said...

Yeah!! Good luck and get lots of pictures of the babies up ASAP. Im not baby hungrey - but Ren and Jessica, then KP, then you! I wanna hold a new little baby!!!

L said...

Yay!!! Hang in there, we're praying for you guys!

Love you!!

Janessa said...

Marin,

I am soooo proud of you. You have done such a great job carrying your little twinsies. And soon they will become a reality, I KNOW that you will do a GREAT job. You are strong, brave, and a great mother already. And don't forget, you can always call me anytime and anyday to just vent! You are going to do GREAT!