Thursday, November 5, 2009

36 WEEKS- Heads are DOWN!

We are at 36 weeks with twins! The morning started out with a non-stress test to find that everything is going well. Both babies are doing great even with contractions. I guess I was having a lot of contractions this morning as well as a high blood pressure (128/88). The lady doing the testing was like, "You might not be going home today." I reassured her that everything felt the same and I really didn't feel dizzy or pain during all of the contractions. I actually wanted to have the babies today since it is the 5th!

I then went on the hospital tour. I pretty much saw the whole hospital. It made me kind of sick thinking about everything that has to go on for these babies to come. I really am not looking forward to all the rooms I have to go through before going home.

Then I went to the ultrasound. This is where I was crying with JOY even though I know things can still change and not go as planned but I found out that the BOY had flipped and now was head down. Both babies are head down and ready for delivery. Lying there watching them I thought, wow, if only I can just be induced right now. I mean the BOY is now 6 POUNDS 5 OZ!!!! okay this is like a REGULAR size baby. Then the GIRL is almost 5 pounds being at 4 pounds 15 oz. They aren't too worried about her since she is still growing on the right curve. The Doctor at the ultrasound said that they needed to be delivered in the next two weeks though at around 37 or 38 weeks. Crazy! I actually wish it was today. I feel so large and so heavy and I really don't want the babies to change positions.

Well, this is the update. I can't believe I am really at 36 weeks. I am pretty much carrying an extra 50 pounds as well as CARDEN around. I'm really ready to deliver. I can't keep lifting Carden up onto my lap or into the crib for his bedtime. It has been a hard pregnancy and I am ready to have my body back. I am so thankful that everything has gone so well and I really hope that this delivery goes well. Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers. Maybe my next post will be introducing you to Rhead and Brooke!

13 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Oh what WONDERFUL news!! I'm so excited for you and am so happy he turned! Good luck with everything.

Ashley A. said...

Woo-hoo! Good job, boy! :)

I'm so glad things are going well. You have been in our prayers and will continue to be. Hang in there! Two more weeks! (Hopefully less...) Let me know if you need me to watch Carden sometime.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Yay! I'm SOOO happy that they're both face down now. Now hopefully that boy will stay down!!!

Amber said...

That is great that both babies are head down, and that everything is continuing to go well! I TOTALLY agree with you about being ready to have my body back, and being "done" being pregnant. My due date is tomorrow, and still no baby! Good luck with your delivery...I can't wait to see pictures of your twins.

Erin and James Sweeney said...

Oh are those the names you've picked out? They're so cute, we'll be praying for you guys, and we're so happy that the boy turned!

Margaret said...

PUSH EM OUT SHOVE EM OUT WAAAAAYYY OUT!

Tiffany Kadani said...

I'm so excited for you! I know you'll do great. Those are really healthy weights for twins. I can't imagine...

AggieMay said...

That's exciting that the end (and beginning) are near. Landon was only 6 lbs 4 oz when he was born at 36 weeks. I'm glad to hear the babies are growing well. I know it's sooooo hard to wait especially with twins but the longer they're on the inside the better. Lando was born at 36 weeks and his lungs weren't totally developed. (he's great now don't worry) I doubt those cute little babies will switch from head down- can you imagine how cramped it is in there?? I'm sure you can :) I hope all goes well for you. You look great. The sacrifices will all be worth it. Hang in there.

Yani said...

goooooood to hear about your boy!!! I am happy for this..Just hang in there!!

L said...

Whew - that is great news! Thanks for the update! We're so excited for you!!!

Lydia Moon said...

Hi, I'm Lydia. I just noticed a link to your blog on Tiffany's blog. I have 3 1/2 year old boy/girl twins. I just wanted to wish you luck! Twins are so much fun!

Kristen Sweeney said...

Hurray! You've done an amazing and awesome job growing those babies! I'm so thankful you have lasted so long, giving them time to grow and develope. I know you worry about the delivery but find peace in knowing that how ever they come, they should be healthy and strong. We are so excited and can't wait for that call. Hang in there.

Lydia Moon said...

My twins were born vaginally. My boy was first, 4 lbs 10 oz; girl was second, 4 lbs 15 oz. I had an epidural and episiotomy, and it was much easier than I expected. My advice is to prepare yourself for the worst. Most likely your expierence won't be as bad as you prepared for and it will feel much easier than you expected.

Feel free to email me if you have questions, want to compare notes, etc. tgmmoon@comcast.net