Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bread making and MORE


Oh BIG belly! 42 and a half INCHES sticking out!!! Try that on!



Some WANTS! (Plus my WHITE TOYOTA SIENNA!) I better go listen to Elder Hales talk again!

I can't take credit for this BEAUTIFUL loaf of bread, but hopefully I will be able to make one just like it! Carden and I had a great morning! We got to go over to the Easton's home and learn how to make WHEAT bread! Carden was entertained the whole time playing with blocks, balls, the dog, and climbing stairs with Brother Easton. It was so wonderful! I was able to watch step by step on how to grind the wheat and make this beautiful loaf of bread! I really want to start making whole wheat bread. It is so yummy plus it will help me start to know ways to use our food storage (which we need to get going!!). We have a 72 hour kit and that is about it.

I guess we need a wheat grinder though. Maybe this will be our Christmas present!! Justin and I have been talking a lot about getting a VitaMix since we could then grind our own wheat as well as make healthy shakes and soups!

There is a great deal though at pleasanthillgrain.com where you can get a bosch and a nutrimill grinder for $600.00 plus free shipping!!!! That is a great deal seeing a bosch is worth about $500 alone!! I have a kitchen aid which will still do the job in making bread, it just won't hold as much as a bosch, but oh well. Anyways just thought I would let any of you out there know.

As for Christmas presents I feel like my list keeps getting longer and longer and too bad that all our precious money is going to have to go to buying a van. I'm not sad about it, but it just stinks having to really think about buying a van already. I mean really we could just scrunch all the kids in the back seat but then Justin won't be able to drive seeing how big and bulky car seats are!

I would also love to buy a double jogging stroller!! This would be a great purchase b/c all I do is walk/roller blade. I still need to do some shopping. I think I want the In-step double jogging stroller with the swivel wheel. Seeing this is the only way to put Carden to sleep I think it will be a definite NEED for the twins!

The Instep Suburban Safari Double Jogger Features:

  • Jogger Stroller
  • Easy-Fit Connections; 5-Point Harness
  • Foot Activated Dual-Rear Parking Brake, Locking Wheels
  • Multi-Position Reclining
  • 1-Hand Fold Mechanism, 1-Hand Steering
  • Footrest, Snack Holder
  • Includes Sun Canopy
  • 41L x 23.5W x 39H "
I think the biggest plus to this stroller is the multi-position reclining! This way I can take the twins on a walk and have them fall asleep at the same time! I still have to take Carden on a walk to get him to go down for his nap. Then I am thinking that while they are small I can put one in the Bjorn and then Carden and baby B in the stroller!!!! (I've been doing a LOT of thinking about this whole nap time thing!)

As for an update about the pregnancy... this will be Thursday at 36 weeks after I have another ultrasound! So far things are going really well! Babies are looking good, Mommies blood pressure is good, and belly is continuing to stick out! Just so you can have an idea my tummy sticks out at 41 inches!!! Yeah go measure that and see how you'd like to have your BELLY sticking out that far!!! Just kidding its even bigger today at 42 and a half inches!!! Plus there are feet and arms kicking like crazy and you can see these little heels moving all around. Then their heads are poking out and continue to move around. It is the weirdest feeling. It is pretty amazing that they are still okay in there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My mother in law gave us a Bosch and Nutrimill for our wedding! YUM! It makes the PERFECT bread every time...if you need a recipe, I can email it to you!

Whit K said...

You look great I can't believe you're due anytime with twin, you don't look like it at all.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Oh my gosh... you look SO tiny for being full term with twins. I still can't get over it. I believe that you have photo shopped out half of your belly somehow in all of your pictures because you are no bigger than a regular one baby belly!:) Or you could just be one lucky girl! I LOVE my bosch! i want a wheat grinder but I think that will have to wait for the distant future when we are rich or something. Get a bosch...it's worth the money!

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys are doing amazing! And seriously that's how I look with one baby in the belly so I think you're doing awesome. PS- I love, love our vitamix! We make shakes every morning with fresh yogurt, spinach, fruit, carrots, flax, soy protein, etc...and etta loves it. It's how she's gets the bulk of her daily vitamins! As for bread i have a kitchen aid I use and the vita mix grinds wheat. Good luck deciding!

Unknown said...

P.S. I'm 46 inches around.

Ashley Clark said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady (and I do NOT say that to everyone). It's like your tiny body all of the sudden has this huge bump. Hang in there!