Well I don't think I will ever be ready for these twins to be here. But these are the things that I am thinking I want to find.
1. SOUND MACHINE- Justin's Aunt had one while we lived with them all summer and Carden slept so well. It drowns out all the noise and seeing we have the LOUDEST neighbors I think I really want to find one! It had all these cool settings but we pretty much kept it on the beach waves crashing sound. I felt like I was sleeping on the beach each night!
2. Baby Monitor: Okay so I know our apartment is small, but our rooms are not close to each other which is nice but then bad at the same time. I am thinking if I let the twins sleep in Carden's room that I want to hear them as SOON as they wake up so I can run and get them before they start screaming and waking up Carden.
3. Curtains: I definitely need to put up curtains in Carden's room. There is a light that is so bright in there and then that room gets the most sun. I'm not really sure if this is a must, but I think it will also help drown out some of the noise from the outside as well as keep their room warmer in winter.
4. Double jogger or Bike trailer? Eventually I think I really would want either one of these. Probably a double jogger more than a bike trailer. I'm thinking I can get by with a double jogger especially if it has that bar so that I could put two in front and back of each other.
5. Queen Bed Frame: It is so crazy how pricey a stupid little bed frame is. We definitely need the storage space though since our bed is just sitting right on the ground.
So these are the things that I have been trying to find... as well as a cheap van!! So far I almost found a bed frame for free on C.L. but sadly it was already taken! As for baby monitors I have no idea which ones are good and they have a wide range on prices. Any suggestions?
7 comments:
We have a cheap-ish (maybe 40) fisher-price monitor from Walmart. I love it. It gives me peace of mind. I would definitely suggest you get one. - For a queen bed frame when we first were married we had just the simple metal one but we put 5 inch PVC pipes (cut about 10 inch lengths) on the wheels (and an extra for the middle support) It was a little wobbley but not bad and we had loads of storage space underneath. It was a lot cheaper than getting the bed blocks or whatever they're called. (plus we didn't have to take off the wheels)--Bike trailers are fun but I'd save up for that one next summer--they can't use it until they can sit up well on their own. They are quite pricey too. We have a cheapo one (again from walmart--that's all they had in Cedar) which is fun for the bike but it doesn't double as a stroller too. Hope that helps. Good luck. :)
look at DI for a bed frame. I just got ours there for our new King for 10-15$ I don't know what you mean by the double jogger with the bar, but maybe you want one that can also be a bike trailer (they have the kind that can be either) then Carden can sit in a seat on the actual bike with the babies in the trailer. Just a thought.
Curtains are a must! It's so nice to create a dark quiet atmosphere. We use a space heater for white noise. When it's not cold I just put it on the fan setting and then when it's cold you can turn off the heat and just have the space heater on in the baby room. Just an idea. As far as baby monitors, I wouldn't worry too much. As Carden gets older they sleep heavier. I can let Jade scream as long as I want with the door open and the boys never wake. I doubt Carden will ever wake up, so you might want to wait and see how it goes. If it becomes a problem then get one. But if you get a free one, wahoo! I had to throw away a hand me down one because it broke, too bad. As far as bike trailer, double stroller, there are ones that do both, I don't know how much but I have seen them and they look pretty roomy. I want a bike trailer but I think once I get in shape rollerblading the two won't seem so hard. It's just biking you can get places a lot faster and Cohen is always so tired for the trip home from school.
please come to idaho and get the queen bed frame outta my garage!
Most bike trailers can be trailers or joggers and come with a conversion kit.
I have cheap curtain rods and I think we could easily make some curtains. We just need to go to Galt and get some cute cheap fabric.
I have a noise maker for you! A bottle sanitizer: if you want it. A baby bath: if you want it. And some little boy clothes & P.J.s that I think will fit Carden.
I will take them to Utah when we go for Halle's blessing and Justin can get them while he is there. Is he still planning to go to Utah? I'll keep a look out for the other stuff too. Hang in there!
IKEA is a great place to get cheap curtains, and they're super long so you can keep them long, which looks good, or hem them and use the extra fabric for something else. i actually have quite a bit of extra choc brown fabric, or tan if you want it! I should have sent it home with Justin!! Dang
Post a Comment