Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nervous!

Maybe I am over reacting but I really DON'T like my Doctor Group! I am so nervous for them to deliver my twins and maybe I shouldn't be but I can't help it. Every time I go to the doctors I feel like they don't really care that I am having twins. They also don't consider twins HIGH-RISK which is seems like every book I read says that twins should ALWAYS be considered "High-risk" and if the practice doesn't think it is "high-risk" then I should probably leave that practice. But the thing is I am STUCK. I don't know what other doctors I can call than just someone out of the blue. Maybe I should just keep calling around until I find a doctor that I can actually GO to! What do you think? Should I just not worry? Oh I just don't want to deliver twins. It makes me so nervous. I guess I should just plan on doing a c-section so at least the doctors will be prepared. I don't know. I seriously have been having nightmares about my delivery.

11 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

You'll be fine! (Easy for me to say, right?) Maybe it's a good thing that the doctors don't consider you high risk as most high risk patients are almost a guarantee for a c section. But if you are having serious doubts about your doctors then you should probably find one that you feel good about. If you lived here, I would have lots of recommendations for you! If you want, I could have one of the women in my ward write you about her experience giving birth vaginally to twins.. maybe it would help you feel better :) I'm sure she would love to! By the way.. you are like the cutest prego with twins lady ever! Do you really need to wear those leggings because your legs look tiny!!!

A Roper said...

I sent you an email with my OB's info.

AnnEE said...

You NEED NEED NEED Drs who will be serious about your pregnancy. If I didn't have the Dr that I had who did NOT mess around, Hazen would have died, without a doubt. I would call around and interview Drs who are in your insurance plan until you find one who you feel good about. These feelings you're having aren't just random "jitters"- if you don't feel great about it- FIND SOMETHING ELSE. I'm not trying to freak you out, but from our experience, babies and pregnancy is something you JUST don't mess around with. :)

Lene and Bry Family said...

As far as not trusting your doctors, I would look around too. As far as twin being high risk, I don't think it is. My mom had twins 27 years ago and was in great shape like you and did just fine. She didn't have them that early either. If you are high risk with any pregnancy then yeah look for some one else, but if not I wouldn't worry. Worring will just cause problems with the pregnancy.

Margaret said...

new DR!!!! I think they should make a momma to be feel like a million bucks. Although I understand that they have a lot of patients, they should treat every pregnancy for what it is....important!

hayley said...

The hard truth is just because you choose a certain dr. doesn't mean you will get him or her (uh, who delivered Carden?-someone from a completely different practice. And you know how many dr.s Provo OBGYN has). So I would just relax and think positive thoughts! Everything will be ok:)

Lo said...

Find someone you feel comfortable with. Even if that Dr. doesn't end up delivering the twins at least you'll feel better during your appointments.

Judd Sarah and Jackson said...

Marin! If you are nervous find another doctor!! I was SO nervous about my doctor group here in Rexburg because they were SO impersonal, they didn't know who I was, they were standing up ready to leave the room before I had even asked my questions! they do circumcisions different! the list goes on. It is never too late. Plus pretty soon you will be going in every week if you're not already and so your new doctor will have time to get to know you. you should switch

Anonymous said...

ooh, marin this sounds intense. but lets be honest, if i was even have ONE child, i would have nightmares, i would also prefer if everyone was in HIGH RISK mode at all times!

jenny said...

Proverbs 3: 5-6

Ashley A. said...

If there is one thing I have learned from my experiences with my pregnancies it is that you should NEVER stay with doctors you don't feel good about or that don't take your concerns seriously. Did they refuse to give you a referral? See someone else who will if you have to. I know it's not fun to have to switch at this point but that is much better than having a bad birth experience because you didn't switch.

Call me if you need anything!