Wow,
I can't believe this pregnancy is halfway over... actually I am probably more than halfway since twins usually come early. I am still constantly thinking about the delivery process. I've talked to a few people who have had twins and all of them have had c-sections. (ahh!) I really want to do it the natural way (vaginal) but it just seems impossible. I guess I just shouldn't even think about it since I have no idea WHAT will happen. I've just been trying to read up and prepare myself for this delivery. I have also been reading about bed rest. No way, how could I ever go on bed rest. I can't see myself being a couch potato. I just don't even know what I am in for. As for right now I feel ready to teach dance again! I feel great and wish I could just be more active (it is just too HOT to do anything though). Justin and I have been taking evening walks, but I need more intensity.
I really miss teaching tap, ballet, and jazz and it makes me sad that when we get back to Sacramento I won't be able to teach these classes. I think watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" hasn't helped either. It's been nice being able to watch some TV at night seeing Justin and I haven't watched TV for over a year now! I really like the dark haired girl and her partner. I think they will win. But I guess they only pick one winner right? I think the girl will probably win though.
Yesterday we went swimming and Carden was going crazy jumping to me and swimming around. He has NO fear! He is a swimming baby. I should have taken my camera to get some footage. Next time. He is just getting so big. He eats so well by himself and drinks from a cup. He refuses a sippy cup. He has his little chats here and there. And I think he will be ready for a bed when these babies come.
As for preparing for the twins arrival. I have plenty to do when I get home to CA. I need to sell a bunch of furniture so hopefully we can all fit into our small two bedroom apt. I need to find a crib so that eventually I can place each baby in their own crib. I hope I can find a swing since I will need the extra help. And car seats... yuck. I don't know about this one. Infant seats and convertible car seats. Then there is strollers. It just seems overwhelming to think about all this stuff. I know it will somehow all work out, but I just can't help feeling like I will never be ready for TWO babies + Carden! It will be a rough year living in a small apt with no back yard and no place to really play. I'm sad that we signed a contract for the coming year, but it is the cheapest thing we could do. I just really wish there was some way we could move into a duplex or something since I won't be able to take Carden on tons of walks, or go to the park, I seriously will be stuck having only our small little dark family room to play in with three kids! This is going to be the scariest part. But this is why we just have to find another car so at least I can get out.
Alright, I'm done. I really am not that worried about the coming year I just think I am bored and so all I can do is think. Plus Carden is taking a nap and I don't have a book to read, or a project to work on which is why this blog entry is so long. I really just need to go swimming.
6 comments:
love to hear you thinking out-loud on the blog!!! find a book. this will be the last time you can sit down and read. no teaching dance; we want full-term twins with no hospital visits! i love your apartment and amenities, don't be discouraged about the size- it's cozy! hang in there...
If it makes you feel any better my cousin went over her due date with her twins and had them vaginally. They were both over 8 lbs!!! You will do great and you will be a fantastic mother to all three of those little ones!
Can you find someone who is in the off-year with their babies who will let you borrow a crib? There is really no point in owning two if you only need it for a year or two.
Maybe. Lincoln is weird about borrowing things.
You can do it babe! These babies scored on parents!
you can do it. You will be able to take carden out to play while the girls sleep in the stroller.
CRAIGSLIST!!! Seriously... moneywise craigslist would be a great way to buy it all. Or borrow... seriously... there are people in the ward who would loan you swings... etc.
No worries. It will work out!
hey marin i too have a friend that had her twins vaginally, so don't give up on that hope!! congrats and you will do great :)
cousin deanne
Post a Comment