Carden is having so much fun playing with the four boys and girl here in the Mortensen's home. Claire is only 4 months older than Carden and they love to play in this cute little jeep out in the backyard. I got some really cute picture that I will post when I get home. We have been swimming every morning at the neighbors house and Carden is still a little FISH! Carden has been such a great napper this whole trip. He has actually been taking 2 to 3 hour naps from usually 11-1pm. I have been trying to take a nap during this time which has helped me not be so tired. Carden loves playing with the older boys. They are so great with him. They took him on rides in the hamper down the stairs, they play marbles with him, they push him around on the bikes, and it is so wonderful having so many kids to entertain Carden! Just watching Carden and Claire play makes me realize what it is going to be like to have a boy and girl twin! They are so cute together but I just hope they don't beat up on each other, which I know is a given.
Carden is still eating so well. He eats the biggest breakfast (oatmeal, whole banana, and yogurt). He also eats anything we make for dinner. He hasn't been liking meats though. He is quite the big boy. He copies everything we do. He loves drinking out of a cup and loves using a fork or spoon while he eats his meals. He is talking with his tongue and it is so cute. I tried to get a clip of it but then he stopped. It cracks me up with his little baby talk. He is not afraid of dogs and doesn't mind it when the dogs lick his face. He is warming up to strangers more and more which is really nice. When we first got out here he was so crabby around all the new faces, but now has been more willing to play with new people. He loves nursery. Justin took Carden to nursery and just sat with him in there since he won't sit reverently in Sunday school or the third hour.
We were able to see Brynley and Paul and their three kids last weekend and it was so much fun. We put Carden and SAM down the water slide and they loved it. I was so surpised. It was so cute seeing their little bodies fly off the slide. They also loved it when their Daddy's lifted them up to the basket to make a shot! SAM and Carden had so much fun together. Carden is way heavier than SAM which is crazy. SAM is so small. He is a cutie. He talks so well and I really can't wait for Carden to start saying words so I know what he wants. The twins are so adorable. It made me excited to have two but then at the same time really nervous. My hands are definitley going to be FULL.
We are really having a great summer being here in AZ! We have loved being with so much family. It has been a great experience. We are so thankful for the Mortensen's and letting us live with them. They are such a cute family. I love how her boys love music and dancing. I keep telling Justin, see boys do love to dance and can be normal!!!! hee hee! I really hope that my kids will be as well behaved as the Mortensen kids. They are so much fun!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update on carden. He is growing up!! I'm glad he is eating by himself i wish I would have encouraged sam to eat by himself. He refuses to eat by himself. So sometimes I am finding all three kids in their high chairs.
Post a Comment