Thursday, July 23, 2009

25 going on 90!

I seriously feel like my body is 25 going on 90! These twins are seriously feeling so heavy and they are cutting off all circulation to my legs. They look like someone has taken a bat and beaten my legs to the point where they are black and blue and SWOLLEN! It is really sad and I they are so sore by the end of the day. I've been trying to do all that I can to relieve the pain with keeping my legs elevated, doing some light exercising to keep the circulation going, and staying within weight gain. I don't know what else to do! I need another pair of support hose but am not sure what kind to invest in. Any thoughts for those who have had/have varicose veins? I WAY rather have morning sickness than this. It seems like every day they are getting worse and worse and I read that they get worse with each pregnancy. I don't know if my legs will make it to NINE!!!! (hee hee!) Another great thing about the changes that occur being pregnant is the pregnancy glow. I think I am missing this one but instead I have a nice pregnancy mask that makes my face look like it is dirty! Any thoughts about a good concealer that can make me feel like I have a clean face?? Well besides looking like an old lady I feel pretty good minus my throbbing legs at the end of the day! I guess it is ALL worth it to be a MOMMY!

9 comments:

A Roper said...

NINE!!! Is that how many kids you want???? :) So sorry about your legs. You should get some support hose soon though. It will make a big difference. I haven't used any, but you should call your doc and talk to the advice nurse. I'm sure they could recommend a good brand. Good luck!

A Roper said...

P.S. You didn't even look pregnant when you left! :) I'm sure you look beautiful. Pregnancy has a way of making us feel yucky, and therefore we think we look yucky. But I'm sure you look just as gorgeous as ever! :)

Ashley A. said...

I'm sorry about all of the pregnancy yuckiness. I agree with Amy--I'm sure you look great. Holly is the one who would know about support hose if you have any questions.

I'm with you about feeling old. I think pregnancy does that to you.

The Harrisons said...

I get the same face thing during the summers. I get those brown spots on my upper lip and it sometimes lookes like I have a mustache! I also get a big one that looks like a heart on my cheek. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse now that I'm pregnant! Anyway, I use Bare Minerals makeup. I love it! They sell it at Sephora or they have their own stores. I would try to find a store and go in and have them do your makeup. That way you can try it out for the day and see if you like it. Good luck!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Im so sorry that your poor legs are suffering through this pregnancy, that is no fun! I totally forgot that I got the pregnancy mask thing with Ethan until you mentioned it, but I didnt use anything to cover it up (probably should have)so I dont have any advice for you, sorry! I do hope that your body starts to feel better! You should really post some pictures of your cute prego belly! :)

hayley said...

You are too funny:) Be careful what you wish for! Morning sickness for three months is pretty miserable. I hope your legs are holding up and get some support hose FAST!

Kierstin said...

Hang in there Marin!! You can do it. What about swimming laps for exercise?

I understand about the throbbing veins at the end of the day. Mine are definitely worse this pregnancy, but luckily where no one, including myself can really see them. I would just research on the internet. There are plenty of discussion boards and then no matter what the cost, buy the best. These are your legs we're talking about.

Can't wait to have you back in Sacto.

Michelle said...

Congrats on being pregnant again! You are so cute. I had varicose veins with my first pregnancy, so it looks like I've got even more to look forward to. I'm sorry you have to deal with them! Your baby is darling.

Makenna said...

Ahh yes - being big and ugly is so fun!!! Im glad H.F. made it this way! NOT