Okay so things are still going really well. I just had a doctors appointment and everything looks good. The only problem is, as of right now, I GET to decide what kind of delivery I want. It might change but still the doctors want me to start thinking about the options. Since the girl is closest to the cervix and head down we can do a vaginal birth. However, the boy (who is a pound bigger) is breech and so I can either risk having him turn on his own or delivering him breech. The only thing I wouldn't want is to have an emergency c-section. So really I have no idea what to choose. Part of me just wants to do a vaginal and see what happens. I am hoping that this boy will just turn around and be ready to go on his own.
What would you pick? Safe, planned c-section, with long recovery time? Or vaginal delivery that could possibly go well and have an easier recovery? Hmmm. Well so far my blood pressure has been low and steady, which I am so glad about. Also my weight is tapering off. I actually lost two pounds according to their records, but I think it is just because I had an early appointment this time! I have another ultrasound next week which I am so excited for. Maybe the boy will flip!!
Sunday night I actually for the first time felt pain in my pelvis and lower back. It made me really nervous and I almost thought I was going to start having contractions. I think the most stressful thing has been thinking about leaving Carden. I really am going to be so sad to leave my little boy. I just don't know how I will deliver these twins when Carden will be on my mind. I guess I need to put together a plan about where Carden will go while my Mom is driving up. The the next day I had the same pain in my back and it really made me scared to think about going and delivering these babies. I still feel really nervous about the whole delivery. I am trying to stay positive though. I am also trying to not think about it too much since really it is out of my hands.
The only thing that has been a pain is going to sleep at night. I really can't sleep at all at night anymore and that is when I am so ready to just have these babies come out. During the day I have felt pretty good. I miss being able to bend over without this large belly in the way. But oh man I just can't wait until I can sleep comfortably the only problem is that I will have to be nursing all night long! Welp, that is that. That is how everything is going so far. I have everything ready with stuff being washed and clean and ready to go. I didn't stock up on diapers or baby wipes yet but hopefully Justin can go with Grandma on a costco run or something! Oh diapers!
12 comments:
maybe eliminating the 2 mile walks to the store will help with those back pains! :)
Ahh, so much to think about! I don't have any experience, but I think I would go w/vaginal and hope for the best. Once you have a C-section it's harder to find a doctor that will let you do a vaginal delivery for your future babies. So for that alone, I would pick vaginal. Good luck!!
I would totally get an epidural first of all, and then I would go vaginally. They can just pull the little boy out by his feet. Sounds pleasant doesn't it? :) Supposedly once the first baby comes out though, the other one can just slip on out as well. I meant to tell you how amazing you look! I know how huge you probably feel but seriously, you look soooo incredibly tiny for having 2 healthy babies inside of you. Infact, you would seriously look amazing if there was only one! Most people are bigger than you with 1 baby inside of them. you are too cute! Good luck! I hope all goes well!
we are praying that boy will flip so you can plan on a vaginal birth, BUT not that i would vote for a c-section at all just to ease your worries slightly, seriously my recovery from a c-section was a breeze! Also, with sleeping at night you seriously should read BabyWise. I read like 5 or 6 different infant parenting type books and they all had some good info; I wanted to see what all was out there and pick and choose what i like best from each book. This one just fit our parenting philosophies best, and Halle has been sleeping about 6-7 hours (or more) everynight since 6 weeks! And i really credit it to following most of the stuff in BabyWise. Anyway, you should check it out and see if you like any of the ideas.
Hey Marin! I have no comment about your dilemma. But I'm just glad I found your blog. Fun readings!
Tiffany Braniff
I spend about $100 a month on diapers. =)
so i was secretly hoping you werent blogging because you were in the hospital having these babies! I have no idea what you should do because I have never delivered babies, so i dont know how you would want to do this business, but whatever keeps everyone safe and happy:)
I would go with vaginal and hope for the best. My Mom had an emergency C-section. The major downside of it was that my Dad did not have time to scrub in and see the birth, so check with your doctor to see if Justin will be able to see an emergency C-section. But seriously, I would go for vaginal. There are some docs that deliver babies breech...but I would make sure that if your doc is willing to do that...he/she is VERY experienced with delivering breech babies. Good luck! And try not to worry too much...although I know that's impossible! :)
We're praying for you guys that everything will go smoothly with your delivery, we'll start praying that the boy will turn:) OH and we agree that you do look amazing for carrying 2 babies, you really don't look like it!
Whichever you pick will be fine, but why not try and go regular. Brynley's emergency c-section went better than my planned one:) So really you never know what can happen. oh boy, diapers, NEVER ENDING!!! love you
Hmmm, let's see, where could you take Carden while you deliver? Oh, I know, how about the Glenns. He might get knocked down a few times by Chase, but he'll probably be okay. Just call when you go into labor.
I'd probably just keep waiting to see which choice feels best. You'll know the right thing to do.
You dont know who I am but your husbands family was in my stake growing up in Mesa! I just wanted to tell you that as I was reading your blog and about how you found out you were having twins it felt as if I was reading our story! So crazy! We had the exact same thing happen to us! I was 18 weeks along when I found out I was pregnant with twins and I had also had previous ultrasounds showing only one baby! Plus I have an older son who was 18 months when I had my twins! So fun! I want to wish you good luck and you'll do great! If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask! Good luck once again and sorry if this is a little weird!
Post a Comment