Friday, October 1, 2010

Skin Rashes?

I swear my kids have sensitive skin. I don't know where that comes from? I don't think my skin is sensitive but then how do you fine that?

Anyways my kids have rashes around their lips which I guess means I fed them something they shouldn't be eating. The only problem is I don't know WHERE to start in knowing what to cut out! Any ideas??

Also Carden has NEVER in his LIFE had a diaper rash until now! It is only on the sides of his hips where the diapers rub. I think maybe his diapers are too small (he is just a BIG boy!) but I really don't know what to do. Any ideas?? I tried a little baby powder but haven't really been consistent.

They aren't ugly rashes and are hardly there but still I feel like maybe I should at least TRY to cure them!

Any thoughts ideas? Please comment!

11 comments:

A Roper said...

Rashes...UGH! Here's my advice. :D

For the diaper rash (if it's from rubbing) try a new brand of diapers. If it's from moisture, make sure to keep it dry. We always use a blow dryer (with each diaper change) when my kids get a diaper rash, and it clears up right away. Make sure to put Desitin on it too (but only after it's dry---otherwise you are just trapping the moisture against the skin).

For the possible food allergies, the list is endless. I've heard eggs are a big one. My kids have always had trouble with strawberries. Sorry I don't have more helpful advice.

Good luck!

Karen said...

Ethan would get diaper rashes frequently. We used baby powder just to keep his bum dry, but come to find out the baby powder can feed the yeast that grows and makes the diaper rashes. So, I would stay away from baby powder. We have with Alex and he doesn't get as many diaper rashes. Desitin is always nice when you need it.

AggieMay said...

My boys suffer from eczema and olive oil after a bath instead of lotion helps immensely. Good luck- that's hard to not know and to some how feel responsible for it. Let us know what you find out.

Unknown said...

Did you recently switch laundry soap or another kind of soap? Did you switch brands of diapers or wipes?

Yani said...

Wow can't believe how big your babies are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

When Ethan was about the twins age up to about 3 years old, he had an allergy or something to wheat bread. He would break out in small red bumps all around his mouth. One day, it just went away and he has never had a problem siince. Good luck finding out what it is!

Brynley said...

potty train carden. =)

jenny said...

is there anything that glycerin and vitamin E oil won't cure????

NO BABY POWDER!!!

Ashley Smith said...

Halle just had the worst diaper rash EVER... it was SO sad- came from eating some yucky food and getting diarrhea :( . We rinsed her bottom after ever changing and let her run around naked to air dry. Then put Bag Balm on-- it helped clear it up super fast after trying several other "diaper rash ointments" and not having much success.

Heather Dayton said...

If my babies have a bad rash I use Eucerin (in a thick layer) instead of Desitin. It seems to really help clear up rashes faster than anything else I have tried.

Anonymous said...

Marin -- It may just be that their lips are chapped. I always snuck in when the kids were asleep and covered their hands and lips with Vaseline. (Also a great diaper rash helper -- the poop just slides right off.)

And, yes, you need bigger diapers. Sounds like the tabs are rubbing.