Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Horn... uh... something?"


Tonight as we sat at the dinner table I was trying to tell Justin what Carden and I saw at the zoo. It was the first thing we went to go see at the Zoo and the name couldn't come to me.

"Horn... uh something?" I kept saying. "Hornpipe! Ha ha. No that wasn't it!"

Carden then replied, "HORNBILL!"

Justin and I both stopped laughing and looked at each other like "wow is that really what the name was?" We both didn't even think Carden was paying any attention to our whole conversation!

I couldn't believe it! Our little two year old boy remembered exactly what animal we had seen this morning at the zoo. I was blown away! I then thought, really was that the name. I ran to the internet and googled it and sure enough it was the bird we had seen!

I'm glad that I was able to take Carden, Brooke, and Rhead to the zoo. I am glad that I even took the time to read what animal we were seeing and all the facts about each one.

Carden was laughing so hard as Justin and I were trying to make the "HORNBILL" sounds. Then Brooke and Rhead started busting up and it was just hilarious. Brooke must have put the bad memory behind her because she was actually in tears as she heard the birds talk back to each other!

2 comments:

jenny said...

wow, what a testimony of the importance of conversation at the dinner table. it's a bonding experience. keep up the good work and keep talking to that smart son! way to go, carden!

Margaret said...

what a cute little smarty:) i just cought up on your blog and i loved it!