Ohhh my goodness!! So Carden finally slept from midnight to 7am and I feel SOOO GREAT!!! I can't believe how horrible Carden has been sleeping just the last month. He pretty much has been waking up every hour and it has made me become a Zombie! I don't even know if I have slept or fed him...most of the time I wake up in the rocking chair not remembering what time I came in to feed him??? It has been crazy! Well actually it has been ridiculous. I think there are just many things that have made Carden become an insomniac which are: having random times of putting him to bed, starting new foods, growing, still being in the pack-and-play... list goes on. But the funny thing is that yesterday he didn't take any naps (well maybe two hours and that is it). He would not take a nap at ALL! He didn't even fall asleep when I nursed him. So maybe we just have to give up on naps. I don't know...
Well if anyone has tips on how to make your baby sleep through the night, please, please let me know!! I am going to try to be more on a schedule-well just more consistent with bedtime and feedings. I think it will make all the difference.
Anyways I'm really excited because there is a group of moms getting together every day to work out. We are doing that p90x thing and let me tell you that it is killing me (and today was the first day)! I am so out of shape! It is the saddest thing. I can't believe how fast the body can get out of shape. I pretty much stopped dancing in April when Carden was born and now it is almost October. I guess that is a LONG time to not be working out. I have been walking so I don't feel that bad. I just hope to tone up especially if I try working at a studio again. I do miss dance TREMENDOUSLY. I just miss being with tons of girls, dancing, and having fun with music and our bodies!!! I really hope that I find a studio and even get to teach Asia and Lois!
12 comments:
yeah last night was GREAT. i have not been nearly as sleep deprived as marin, but i am a very light sleeper and would usually wake up first. just waking up every hour or two messes with your REM cycles and it's been awhile since we have both felt "refreshed" in the morning...
such is life as a parent though...
i did get some earplugs just in case i need to block out his crying. (we're going to be attempting the "cry-it-out" method if he doesn't get better)
i think carden is too used to having marin or i soothe him to sleep and he just needs to realize that he can soothe himself to sleep when he wakes up randomly. the trick is, how do you know if he just woke up, or if he really is hungry. sometimes marin says he's not eating (he needs to learn to put himself back to sleep) but other times he chows down. last night we let him cry for like 30-45 minutes and he ended up eating and staying up with us until 10 o'clock...he wasn't tired at all.
it's a shame they can't talk! that would make things SO much easier! :)
Yep - let him cry it out - I think he is old enough now.....and if he isnt napping, even more reason. Good luck!
This is what worked for one of my old professors
http://littlelucykay.blogspot.com/2008/06/im-believer.html
you don't have to find a dance studio to have fun with music and your body!
:)
i must be gone too much at school! :)
that last one was by me...(justin)
baby meds, the PM kind will help him sleep more:) JUUUST KIDDING. I promise I wont try that on my kids more than twice...ok ok kidding again.
Sniff, I know what you mean about the dancing deficit. And it is amazing what a few months can do to the body! My body is in serious pain if I even walk up the RB stairs! I'm glad you have found some work out friends.
We ended up having to let Makenna cry it out. We waited until she was 8 months old to do it, but our doctor told us we could do it as early as 6 months (I just wasn't ready yet). It really only took 1 night, and then she was sleeping so much better. She still wakes up more than I would like (with teeting, being sick, etc.) but sometimes she'll sleep 11 or 12 hours straight, and those are the best! It really is amazing what sleep can do.
Hang in there. You are right ... early, consistent bedtimes. It will happen. And realize that even when they're four they still may get up.
My suggestion is try to put him on a schedule with feedings and bedtime. You might have to let him cry a little. We hated doing it with Olivia but Sophie just kinda did it by herself. It's hard with your first one.
Hey...I'm doing P90X too! It's soo hard...but I'm really enjoying it. I can already see a difference in my body. As far as the sleeping goes we read a fantastic book called Twelve hours sleep by twelve weeks old by suzy giordano. It worked for three of my friends babies and then we used it and now elizabeth is sleeping from 8 to 8 and then taking at least 4 hours of naps daily! Another great book is healthy sleep habits, happy child by mark weissbluth. We took elements from both but mostly the first. We have had great success along with our friends. Proof that this works for different babies with different problems. It's hard at first because you have to really disciplined but I feel like it's given me so much freedom now. Good luck, whatever you do!
Yeah the P90X is so hard. I'm am doing the lean version though so I think that one is a little lighter. I'm on the second week, although I've missed a couple days. It's hard to get it done every single day. Anyway, good luck again!
Post a Comment