Monday, September 8, 2008

The Move

Well we are finally in our new apartment in Sacramento. It has been a crazy month with packing and moving. We aren't all the way moved in yet but luckily we are blessed with family close by who have an excess of furniture! We are still looking for a kitchen table and bikes!! Our place is nice, but we live in a JUNGLE!!

Listen to this! I was about to vacuum our place up and I reached down to plug in our vacuum and noticed a LONG scaly looking thing hiding behind the outlet plug in thing. I actually didn't scream but ran to the kitchen and watched to make sure what it was. I thought it was a snake because he was all coiled up, but then he ran and popped his head up to check out what was going on. I called the front desk and they had two big black men come by to catch him. But instead of just grabbing him they took this little stick-like clamp and chopped him into pieces on our family room carpet!! It was sooo gross. The men said " oohhh it's an IGUANA!" I guess we have iguanas here in Sacramento!! Who knew?

Then one day on my way to take Justin to school I saved him from running into the uglyist spider I have ever seen. He was HUUUUGE! He was dangling right in front of Justin and then pulled himself up into his large web in the tree. It was soooooooooooo YUCKY!

I am going to have to get tuff! Just today while I was trying to clean my crock pot I noticed an UGLY black spider in the kitchen sink!!!!! AAHAHHHHHHH. I pretty much dumped a huge jug of water on him with the wash rag on top of him and then waited for Justin to come wash him down. I really hate spiders. I really don't know about me living in an area with TONS of trees b/c that means SPIDERS and IGUANAS!!!! haa haa. It's a jungle out there!

3 comments:

Katy said...

um, I think you just clicked publish on this post. So, you with the fact that you didn't even tell me your blog address, and you barely posted this I probably look like the biggest stalker in the world. Plus... I am looking in your window as we speak. HAHA... no I am not... ok, I just looked over and your light is on. Serious stalking
Hey, call me if you want a ride to play group tomorrow.
Sorry about all the bugs and spiders, I think it is that time of year. They aren't here all year. Seems like you have had bad luck when it comes to creatures though. Sorry about that.

See ya

TheRapunzelGirl said...

i'm with you on the spiders. be glad you're not in missouri, we have the HUGEST, YUCKIEST field spiders ever! they get up to the size of my HAND!

i can deal with lizards and snakes, but those spiders just have TOO MANY legs

Ashley A. said...

Hi Marin,
I found your blog! Sorry about all the spiders. Joe can't believe how many spiders we've found in our house but I think it's pretty normal since I grew up around here. I haven't seen any huge ones or iguanas or anything yet.
They killed it in your front room? That is so disgusting.