Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April Almost Gone

Well the month of April was quite busy. We had so much fun this month. But now we approach the dreaded month of MAY which means FINALS!! Justin has been studying like CRAZY! He's going to ACE his FINALS b/c he is SO SMART! He is truly an amazing HUSBAND!! He has been so good at balancing everything with family, church, friends, basketball, studying, etc. I really can't even believe that we will be done with our FIRST YEAR in Law school!! It really is going to go by so fast. We love being at UOP and absolutely love being in CALIFORNIA! Justin has really enjoyed Law school. He is going to make a great lawyer. I mean come on he is always SO HAPPY, so HANDSOME, so SMART, so KIND, so LOVING, so HONEST, so COURAGEOUS, and the list really does go on, so what else could you want in a lawyer?!

We are still unsure what summer holds for us, but we are pretty sure that we will just be hanging out here in CA. I don't finish teaching dance until July 12th and then I can also teach some summer workshops, so I am pretty much booked. I'm getting really excited about our Dance Performance! It is going to be so cute. My little Irish dancers as well as my bigger Irish dancers are coming along quickly with technique. We have had so much fun and now we are working mainly on choreography. I have a piece of choreography that will be shown to the public on May 12th, which I hope goes well. The piece still isn't clean as I would like, but I am hoping the girls will pick it up!

As for Carden, well he is getting another tooth (the upper top tooth). It is so much fun having a ONE YEAR old. He loves to walk around and jabber here and there. Carden is really all about doing things the RIGHT WAY or not at all. For instance, this walking thing he just took off. He really didn't do all this standing and few steps here and there. He just decided that he is going to walk and that is just what he did! He loves to open doors and close them. He loves getting into the garbage as well as all the kitchen drawers. His new thing is going to the bathroom opening the door and getting some tissue and then blowing his nose! It is really cute. We have all had this nasty cold, which is why Carden is so obsessed with getting tissue and wiping his nose. Carden also loves FOOD. He really does eat so well. We feed him a whole bowl of OATMEAL every morning with either a whole banana or strawberries in it. He usually eats whatever I make for lunch and dinner. He used to love Cranberry chicken and rice, as well as Rosemary pork chops, and BBQ chicken and a baked potato, but now he is moving into other foods like spaghetti, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pizza, etc. He started to dislike broccoli and carrots, which is probably why he dropped into the 50% for height instead of the 80%!!! He is in the 20% for weight, and then the 80% for HEAD!!! Carden does have a HUGE head, but it is a cute head, a smart head! Carden also loves to point and things. He also loves to read books. Today I gave him a bowl of oranges and then after he was done he stood up from eating them on the kitchen floor and handed me the bowl and then said (well at least i think he is trying to say) "dant to" (thank you).

As for the beginning of this month we had quite a little SUPRISE. Well, actually we weren't too surprised, but we were just so EXCITED that we just can't keep it a secret. So April Fools day we wanted to play a joke, but instead of it being a FOOL, we wanted to be sneaky! So we sent out an email to our families saying "HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!" not "APRIL FOOLS!" b/c it wasn't a fool but instead it was a HAPPY APRIL FOOLS day b/c we found out that we were PREGNANT!!!! yeeaaahhhh! We are just so excited. We fooled everyone! :)



15 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

Oh my! Congratulations! I had to reread that last paragraph a few times to make sure I wasn't being fooled. :) When are you due?

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Congrats you guys!! That is so exciting!!! I hope your pregnancy has gone good so far and I cant wait to see more updates on you in the future!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I hope all goes well! When are you due?

The Harrisons said...

WHAT?!?! That is so exciting! Congrats!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! I had to do the same as Ashley! HAHA! When are you due?

Katy said...

so much for the 'being jealous of the one-kid-moms' comment eh?? YAY!! congrats!

L said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!! That is SOO exciting!!! We are so happy for you! Carden is going to be such an adorable older brother!!! :)

Margaret said...

wasnt it just yesterday when I asked if you were pregger?? I KNEW IT! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! CONGRATS!!!

Mana said...

Congratulations!

The Good Life said...

Oh my gosh Marin! I was with you all day today and didn't know this! You are such a good mom to Carden and I am so happy that you are prego! congrats.

Katie said...

Yay for baby number two! Congrats!

Ashley Smith said...

hip hip hooray!!

Tyson and Marie said...

What! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you! Man, I just love hearing baby news. Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl! Hope you are feeling good!

Spencer & Nikki said...

Congrats... that is so fun!

Anonymous said...

i don't know if i should be excited or grossed out? im stoked you're prego b/c carden is so cute why not have another cutie? but then im sicked out b/c you took a picture of the stick you just pee'd on...lol! i love it!