Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 24-30

We had a fun week with our cousin Jade who came to play.  She surprised us when she drove back down with Grandma for the week.  I thought Jade would want to go home after one day with us but she said she wanted to stay!  The kids loved playing with her.  Carden made sure they did a lot of things during the day like building forts, riding bikes, playing steam roller, and hot lava.  They sadly couldn't swim since the pool is being re-plastered.  Jade caught on with the COTTON BALL JAR and loved sharing with everyone.    Here are some pictures from the week:


 We love making side walk paint!  It is the best pinterest pin my far!  So easy to wash it all away and doesn't stain and I don't have to get out tons of PAPER!

Another Pinterest inspiration is my bulletin board idea.  Saw this lady paint her own circles on her bag and thought I would try it on burlap for my board!  What do you think?  The kids love it.

 We did a lot of coloring and a lot of DORA and OMI!
 We only had ONE BIKE ACCIDENT and of COURSE it was poor RHEAD's HEAD!!! ohhh it was so sad but he is ok.  It looks way worse than what it was.  We was good about keeping ice on it.  Poor guy.  He is sure TUFF!
 And of course another pinterest idea with Brooke's skirt.  I decided to take her plain navy skirt and add dots!
I thought is turned out cute.  She loved it.


And another shot of McKay watching the laundry! Oh I just love it!!  He just makes me smile every minute of the day.

Here are some shots that we took of the kids one Sunday afternoon.  Sundays are soooo LONG and hard.  




So September is over and now comes October.  I am looking forward to the new month.  Hopefully it will start to cool off!  We have a lot more projects to work on such as getting their costumes ready for Halloween.  I also want to make a card holder for our little school room!  Guess I will let you know next week what other things get done!  Oh and another PINTEREST idea we did was the knotted headbands which were cute but didn't stay on very well.  Sadly I don't have a picture of Jade and Brooke in their matching ones.  I think I will have to alter that one a bit to make it work.

Carden is still working on his Song Saturday which he will sing in a couple weeks for Stake Conference.  Brooke and Rhead know it as well so maybe they can sneak up there and sing with him!!!

Rhead's scab broke and of course he didn't even care.  He actually ran around the house laughing and roaring.  Guess he's ready to be in a horror movie!!!!!




The week ended with our Relief Society broadcast and dinner which was so perfect.  The dinner was delicious and the talks were humbling. My sister and Mom went with me so it was a fun girls night!  It was also nice to see my old friends from the first ward as well as my zumba buddies!  
What a TREAT it was to come home to all my sleeping babies!
Our kids actually went to sleep by 8pm, wow, there is hope!

1 comment:

hayley said...

Oh my goodness rhead is making me laugh so hard! Get that kid in football! Thank you for taking such good care of jade. You are such a fun crafty mom. I think next time jade visits she might not come back