Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Primary Boy!

Today was our first practice for the Primary program which is next week.  Carden has been saying his line every day.  So for the 2nd and 3rd hour in Primary we had practice.  Carden was nervous to even go up on the stand to sit but I told him that he would have fun.  I had to remind him that Luke and Cohen were doing the same thing!  He sat next to me for a little bit but then I had him go sit next to his  friends Savannah and Jordyn!  Carden only has GIRLS in his class.

Carden is such a good little boy who loves to help out.  For example, the primary kids are supposed to go to the cultural hall to wait for their teacher but instead Carden loves to go straight to class to set up the chairs for all his friends and teacher.  He INSISTS that he goes and does this service for his class!  It is so funny that he picked up on this himself and decided that it was his responsibility!

But anyways back to our practice.  Carden sat quietly up in the front and then sang the songs when told to.  When he went up to say his lines I was a little nervous for him but he stood up tall and spoke so clearly and calmly.  He didn't even look down.  He looked straight out into the audience and spoke his line, "Jesus Christ teaches me to choose the right."  It was such a great moment for me as a Mommy.  I just got called to the primary as the 8 and 9 year old teacher so it is really neat being able to be a part of the primary program!  I can't wait for Sunday and I hope Carden does it just like he did today.  He is such a good example even though right now we are going through this "BUGGING" phase.

I really enjoy being in Primary and seeing all the kids and their bright smiles.  I REALLY LOVE IT!  I love the kids I teach.  I really do LOVE being around KIDS and PERFORMING!  Part of me really misses teaching at a dance studio with all different ages!  I love watching the little kids look back at me and sing with a huge grins!  Even Carden looks back at me after each song to get a smile in return.  Sometimes I just forget what a SMILE can do!  So SMILE and laugh and let the Spirit be in your home!

3 comments:

Gooch Family said...

I bet you are the greatest primary teacher! Primary was my favorite too when I used to be in it. The kids are SO fun to watch and listen to. Bella had her first program last year and I felt the same way. It's amazing how proud you can feel for your kids for such simple things! Kids are the greatest blessing ever!

hayley said...

Great post! Our program is Sunday too. We need to play, come visit us!

jenny said...

Can't wait to see my grandson's bright, smiling face as he says his one line!!