Well August is now gone and I can't believe summer is coming to an end. I don't even know what to blog about anymore. Life seems really crazy right now and I feel like my kids are digressing instead of progressing. We tried doing a BOYS room and GIRL room hoping maybe that would help Brooke and Rhead sleep better but things are just AWFUL. Justin and I are running on NO SLEEP and we have had just the hardest month. We are all out of ideas. Guess we will have to go back to the bedroom with Brooke and Rhead together and Carden with McKay.
My house is a mess. Things are piling up everywhere. Junk is in the windows, on the counter, my laundry room is always overflowing with clothes that need to be folded and put away. There is never enough "HIGH PLACES" to put items that need to be out of reach for the baby and toddlers. I have become one of those MOMS that never finish wiping the table or cleaning the high chair. There is always gunk everywhere and it never seems to get cleaned up. I never feel like I have enough time to actually play with my kids because someone is always crying or causing a problem or needs to be fed. Wow. I just don't know what happened. Life feels out of control and so monotonous. I'm so thankful it is fast Sunday. I already have my kids running around naked because I am so tired of doing laundry but somehow there is always laundry piling up! Nothing seems to make sense anymore. I am just glad that zumba is starting again. I need something motivating. Something to get me going for the day. I just can't believe how much I really need to move/dance! It seriously makes me so happy. My kids seem to be the same way because if we are dancing there is usually NO FIGHTING and everyone is HAPPY! Here are some pictures from August...
SAM came and we had a sleep over which the boys LOVED!
I surprised SAM with some balloons in the morning!
He was so excited!
Carden randomly got stung by something.
I think it might have been a scorpion because he immediately got stung in the foot and then hand.
His foot was HUGE and he has been stung by a bee but it never got that swollen.
Poor boy. Oh living on the hill...
Brynley made some AWESOME CUPCAKES!
I can't wait to make these again!
All our little fish cupcakes for all our SWIMMING FISHES!
Brooke loved holding Travis!
The Boys had fun playing together!
Carden is getting pretty STRONG!
The little SWIMMERS!
McKay is getting VERY busy! He loves standing and pushing around the baskets! He also loves sitting in the laundry room and helping Mommy with the endless clothes!
I LOVE THIS PICTURE of the GIRLS!
Paul was so nice to help mow the lawn while Justin was at the GRAPE HARVEST!
Thanks Paul!
Rhead and his "PINS"!
Hopefully September will be a better month with more REST and less PESTS! We are glad that we got to see the Mosley family in August. We got to celebrate Aunt Hayley and SAM's B-day with cupcakes and swimming! It is always fun when cousins are here! Can't wait for October to see the Glenns!
4 comments:
ohhh you're amazing!! you have FOUR kids!! I only have one and I feel like I was just reading on my life. I ALWAYS have unfolded laundry! theres always something on any if not all the flat surfaces on our countertop. I think you're a great mom and I love seeing all of the pictures you post!
that was so fun!! sam loved it! I think I want to make a tradition of doing his birthday in california.
I can totally relate Marin--and your kids are so much younger than mine...I cannot imagine the stress that you have!!! I never sweep my floors, and many times Glade comes home to find the breakfast dishes still in the sink. I do laundry almost every day due to "accidents" at night. It is rare if all of the kids sleep through the night (usually one wets the bed, has a nightmare, or is sick). I am so nervous about when this 5th baby arrives!!! We sacrifice so much as mothers, and you are doing a great job! You are not alone!!! :)
You are AWESOME!!! I am sure you could go to any mother's house filled with young kids and find the same things. I am glad you aren't afraid to blog about real life. I only put the best on my blog so people might think my life is perfect. I guess I should post a few more "real life" posts when the camera isn't running so every one would know understand that it isn't all hearts and sunshine. A favorite quote from this past General Conference from President Packer that I use a lot in our house is, "Life was not meant to be easy or fair." Keep it real!!
Post a Comment