Monday was a busy day. I have started to attend the Stake Zumba class which is only an hour. I usually take Carden, Brooke, and Rhead since they LOVE "going in the car!" Almost every morning Rhead says, "GOING IN THE CAR MOMMY?" My kids love to go places. It is so challenging taking them somewhere but for the most part they are doing pretty good at behaving themselves. So during Zumba my kids just play with the other kids while the Mommies work out.
After Zumba I usually stop at FOOD MAX because it is on the way home. So as I was at the checkout counter getting all our food bagged I saw Carden with some batteries. He has been begging for batteries for his cars and trains at home that needed new ones. I told Carden that we would get them later since I wanted a bigger box from Walmart or Costco. So I turned around and continued bagging. (Brooke and Rhead were fighting over the button and who got to push it). So I was pretty busy. We luckily got out of the store without making too big of a scene. However when I got home I found batteries?! WHAT! I didn't buy these. Carden sadly stole them and we had a great FAMILY NIGHT that night on STEALING and REPENTING!
So part of our family night I remembered this PINTEREST find about a jar that had the words, "CAUGHT YOU DOING SOMETHING GOOD!" So instead I took a cotton ball and we talked about what it felt like and looked like. Carden, Brooke, and Rhead understood that it felt soft and clean on their face and hand. They said it was white and pretty. But then I said what if I took this cotton ball and rubbed it into this plate of mud, which I did and then asked each one of them if I could rub it on their faces. They all made a yucky face and said, "NO WAY!" But I did rub it on Carden's face because he let me and I wanted him to describe how it felt. He said it was rough and sticky and didn't feel soft. Well our lesson went on and Justin and I related the clean cotton ball to being pure and doing GOOD THINGS and then how the dirty cotton ball was sin like stealing the batteries. It was a great teaching moment. Carden is going to use his money he has been saving to pay for the batteries he stole. He wants to repent and make things right. We are now working on filling our jar with CLEAN cotton balls when we do GOOD things. If we do something bad then we have to take a cotton ball out.
Wednesday night we had a PRIMARY run through of our program. So Carden and I got to go together. It was so nice having a little outing with just the two of us. The primary kids did so well. I am amazed at how many had their lines memorized and how well they all sang their songs. It was a good practice.
We are still working on sleeping in our beds and staying there the WHOLE NIGHT! Sadly we have had no luck. The kids still come into our room and sleep on the floor. I just hope it is because we are all stuffy and coughing a little. Rhead turned into a SUPER HERO while sleeping!! HAA HAAA!! It is pretty fun to go in and check on the kids once they fall asleep. We never know what the SURPRISE is going to be!
Justin and I also got to go on a FUN date to the temple and out to eat at Wahoo's Tacos! We didn't even know Fresno had one and it actually ended up being close to the temple!
As for today the Primary program as so perfect. It was so beautiful seeing all the kids up on stage smiling. I was sitting behind Carden with my class so I didn't really get to see his face the whole time. But Carden got up and stood so tall and looked out into the audience and said his line perfectly. It was so clear and he didn't even sound nervous or scared. We have been working all week on his songs but honestly the primary kids had all their songs down! We have a GREAT SONG LEADER! Sister Foster just does an amazing job at getting ALL the kids singing and smiling!
Well that about sums up our week!
2 comments:
What a wonderful week. You're doing such an amazing job, Marin!
Your kids are SO cute. I think every kid has to steal something one time or another to learn the lesson. :)
I have to tell you that I often think of you when I'm feeling overwhelmed about having a 4th. I think, "If Marin can handle 4 kids under 4 so well, then I will be able to handle my 4". I'm sure it is not easy but you are definitely doing a great job!
Post a Comment