Well I attempted to go to play group today but then couldn't because our key to our car now won't open our car! Both the handles are broken now on our little carolla and so now we can't get in. What do you do? Well I just think I will have to laugh. Seriously it is sometimes just so sad.
The other night me and Justin were talking about being poor and started making up all the funny things about "How do you know when you are poor?"
You know when you're poor when you start wrapping your child's Birthday present in holiday hand-me-down gift wrap. Or you know when you're poor when your Uncle calls and wants to pick up dinner and the only place you know is the "In-N-Out". Or, You know when you are poor when you have to drive with your seat all the way forward and your keys don't unlock the door and your handles won't work so you have to roll down the window just to get out, or you have to push really hard and scrunch the kids in to shut the door!! You know when you are poor when your friends can't even get out of your car!!! (Whitney that was just so funny!) I really just have to laugh at our lives right now. You know when you're poor when the HIGHLIGHT of your week is GOING to playgroup or GOODWILL! You know when you're are poor when you have to save grocery bags for trash bag liners! You know when you're poor when almost everything you have is NOT yours:( I sometimes just feel like the biggest bum. I am just so thankful for the hand-me-downs and gifts we have received. Which reminds me about something that was just so neat that happened at Christmas. Someone left Carden the COOLEST train set saying "from Santa Clause" and it was just so sweet. He loves that train set!
I am sure all of us have stories like this. Let's hear them!
10 comments:
Haha...oh I definitely know the feeling of being poor. I think going to playgroup IS the highlight of my week. haha I definitely have times where I tried SO hard to go but somehow it didn't work out. I love the dance video above, by the way. :)
We missed you Marin! That's so sad about your car. I've got a few for ya: You know you're poor when your older sister takes your kids out after you have a baby and they stop to get fast food and she asks them what they want and they have no idea--they don't remember ever getting their own happy meal. Or... your kids are playing "Momma and Baby" (as they call it) and you overhear the older child (mom) telling the younger one, "We can't buy that--it's not on sale." :)
P.S. I love the dance video! It's so fun to watch you in action!
You know you're poor when a date consists of asking a close friend to watch your kids while you and your hubby SPLIT a 6 inch subway sandwich. :)
You know you're poor when your apartment has wall-to-wall linoleum (no carpet).
You know you're poor when you don't buy your kids Christmas presents because you figure they won't remember it anyway. :(
You know you're poor when you know how much gas costs (to the penny) per gallon.
I could go on and on, Marin. :) I've been there, and seriously, they were some of the best years of my life! :) I'm glad you and Justin can laugh about it. :)
Oh the joys of being poor! You know you're poor when you get excited to go grocery shopping because it is the only shopping you get to do.
You know you're poor when your walls are bare because you can't afford to decorate your house.
You know you're poor when you find some clothes for $3.00 in the Old Navy clearance section and are so excited because they are NEW!
" And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."
I know it is weird everyone says the poor years are the best years, but I believe it!
Or you know when you are poor when on trash day you walk down the street and look through people's trash. Dumpster diving!! Mom slept on the sheet she got out of the trash. Sam loves his broken lawn mower and dump truck we found in the trash.
Your not too poor if you have an Apple computer and a Lazy boy!!! hehe =)
totally agree with Hayley. When Hyrum was in the Fire academy we had zero dollars and we were alone on christmas, but thats my favorite chirstmas of all times. AND we totally use trash bags as liners, I think my parents do to! and nothings wrong with only knowing in n out, your soooo lucky to have it:)I dont think of this stuff as sad things, I think they are just good frugal habbits to get in to. I love hearing my parents talk about the law school days, they still do a lot of the things they did while in school now, just cause it saves a couple bucks. keep on keepin on
oh, AND i totally kept all the bags and tissue paper from my baby showers so i can reuse them:) its totally cool
Ahhh, yes... I remember those days well. Just remember this:
"He who hath eternal life is rich." :) (That's what my Dad always told me)
But mostly, aren't you so thankful for a husband who is working hard to pay the few bills you do have? You are both wonderfully frugal. Just remember, you are making sacrifices now as Justin goes through Law School so he is able to provide a good life for you later. Hang in there! Don't sweat the broken stuff. :)
Post a Comment