Sunday, June 7, 2009

Posting Away- Sunday Happenings






I will be posting away since Justin is gone. Plus Carden is taking a nap and I really was excited about these cute pictures I took this morning of Carden. He is a little missionary. We had so much time this morning to get ready for church so I decided to get the camera out. After eating a whole banana and some strawberry shortcake for breakfast (I made it last night and decided Carden needed a little treat since he is always such a good boy and eats oatmeal every morning!) Carden read a book while holding his basketball. I just laughed! Carden has two loves just like his Daddy- BOOKS and BASKETBALL!


Today was Carden's FIRST time going to NURSERY. Yes, Carden isn't the right age to be going, but I have no husband to watch Carden while I have to be song leader the whole two hours at church!

But I first have to say that the day went fairly well. We were on time to church, actually 10 minutes early. Then Carden sat through half of the sacrament meeting and then spent the rest just out in the hallway looking at pictures of Christ. But then Primary came...

So I tried taking Carden to Primary but he was getting into the crayons and colored pencils and starting to draw on furniture so I finally decided it was time to go leave him in the nursery. I felt so had doing that since Carden isn't supposed to be in there, but I couldn't help it. I didn't know what to do! I almost burst out in tears, but luckily managed to pull myself together. My friend is in the nursery and I kind of gave her a heads up seeing she was aware that I was going to be husbandless for a while (thank you Whitney!).

CARDEN LOVED NURSERY! He didn't hesitate at all when I let him down. I even went back after the first hour to see if I could maybe get through the next hour with him in primary but he didn't want to come. It was kind of a sad moment knowing that my son really didn't need me all the time. But I am glad that Carden is ready to make friends and play on his own. When I went to pick him up we was still playing. He was pointing at all the pictures of fruits and Jesus, and even trying to reach for more SNACKS! They said that Carden was inhaling all the snacks! Sounds like our boy! The other kids were playing with their cracks as Carden was seeing how many he could stuff in his mouth!!! (hee hee!) Well, I'm so thankful for the Keys in helping me out today!

4 comments:

justin said...

no wonder carden was having fun in nursery he got to play with a bunch of kids' cracks! hopefully he wasn't "shoving them in his mouth"!

not a very sanitary practice IMO! :)

maybe he shouldn't go to nursery! :)

Nana13 said...

I love that he is holding the basketball AND reading a book. Multi-tasking his two favorite things just like his Daddy did. Brings back memories!
I love the future missionary pictures. He is so cute!!

Sarah said...

that shirt and tie is just too much! he's getting so big.

Brynley said...

i wanted to cry when I saw your posts about justin leaving. It is so hard to say good-bye. carden loooks soooo cute in his church outfit. I love the part in the hair.