So Justin and I have been in the nursery since Brooke and Rhead turned 18 months. Now they are turning two on Saturday so we've been in there SIX months! It has been crazy especially since we have about 15-17 KIDS all together and only about 5 of them are THREE! But anyways today we had a lesson on being "THANKFUL". I really wanted to go to the teacher resource center and cut out all the things we are thankful for so the kids could have made a collage, but I never had the time to go out there without any kids. So instead I put on a PLAY! I had Justin be JESUS and I had all 15 kids CONVINCED that he was Jesus.
Every Sunday the kids get ot walk outside after our snack and just before our lesson. So as we lined up after snack time to go outside I told all the kids that Brother Sweeney was going to pretend to be Jesus and that we wanted to "FOLLOW Jesus!" They all folded their arms and walked reverently. They didn't even RUN or try to get away! One girl named Jenna said to another Mommy in the hall, "Look I'm FOLLOWING JESUS!" Then when Justin took off his costume after our lesson one boy said to Brother Sweeney, "Where did Jesus go?" It was so cute to hear these stories about how JESUS was REALLY in nursery today and how we need to FOLLOW Jesus and say THANK YOU! I'm glad that the kids learned that because the rest of the time left in nursery the kids started cracking up.
Justin did a great job playing Jesus as we talked about the story from the Bible about the 10 lepers . He healed each one and only ONE came back to say "Thank You Jesus" (that was Carden's part!). The kids had a good time. It has been a challenge being in nursery but it has been a blessing. I enjoy watching the kids learn and grow closer to their Savior each Sunday.

Here is Justin as Jesus. Luckily Justin got creative and put his tie around his head since I forgot something to cover his head!
The kids ALL fell asleep on our way home from church (Carden is on the floor)! It was GREAT having a LITTLE REST on the SABBATH day!
Every Sunday the kids get ot walk outside after our snack and just before our lesson. So as we lined up after snack time to go outside I told all the kids that Brother Sweeney was going to pretend to be Jesus and that we wanted to "FOLLOW Jesus!" They all folded their arms and walked reverently. They didn't even RUN or try to get away! One girl named Jenna said to another Mommy in the hall, "Look I'm FOLLOWING JESUS!" Then when Justin took off his costume after our lesson one boy said to Brother Sweeney, "Where did Jesus go?" It was so cute to hear these stories about how JESUS was REALLY in nursery today and how we need to FOLLOW Jesus and say THANK YOU! I'm glad that the kids learned that because the rest of the time left in nursery the kids started cracking up.
Justin did a great job playing Jesus as we talked about the story from the Bible about the 10 lepers . He healed each one and only ONE came back to say "Thank You Jesus" (that was Carden's part!). The kids had a good time. It has been a challenge being in nursery but it has been a blessing. I enjoy watching the kids learn and grow closer to their Savior each Sunday.
Here is Justin as Jesus. Luckily Justin got creative and put his tie around his head since I forgot something to cover his head!
The kids ALL fell asleep on our way home from church (Carden is on the floor)! It was GREAT having a LITTLE REST on the SABBATH day!
2 comments:
What a cute idea!
I know nursery is had work especially when 3 of them are your kids, but at least Justin is in there too! What callings let you spend a full 2 hours with your family at church?! But I'm sure you could use a break!
Sweet!! You guys are the best nursery leaders ever. I would have loved to have been there. Emmy would have been happy to follow. At least you get to do your calling together. That's got to count for something.
Post a Comment