Last weekend was PARADISE for me! My Mom took my sister and me to Time Out for Women. It was my first time going and it was just wonderful. Justin watched the kids on Friday and Saturday. This was my first time actually being AWAY from the kids and it was awesome! I am not going to lie but it was just what I needed.
Friday was my favorite part because we got to listen to Jenny Oaks Baker. She was AMAZING! Oh wow it really made me want to learn the violin. I think I am just going to have to have Brooke play the violin. She also spoke and she was quite funny. The theme of the event was "Infinite Hope". All the talks were uplifting. John Bytheway was there as well and he is just always so funny. He talked about being DELIGHTFUL! I thought to myself wow I am so not delightful these days!!!! That is a great concept! Just be DELIGHTFUL! hmmmm, what a smart guy! hee hee. He talked about how in a relationship we go from appreciate to demand to expect. We should never leave the "APPRECIATE" part!
My Nana and Aunt Linda came along so it was the five of us girls hanging out. We had just a great weekend. We had lunch Friday with everyone at the Glenn home. Kierstin treated us with some beautiful piano music. Then we headed to our house for some dinner and ice cream cake to celebrate Nana's Birthday.
Saturday Emily Watts spoke and she was HILARIOUS! Her motto was "Abandon all ye Hope!" She talked about being a first time Mom and warning them of all the things they might just have to abandon such as a GOOD nights sleep, nice things, and much much more as a Mommy. It was so FUNNY because she was just so right on! This is a pathetic story but I cried over a dirty dish rag that Justin used to mop the floor with. I know that is just so lame of me but it was "my nice thing" that I have only had for a couple of weeks and now it is ruined. I would have NEVER guessed that a dish rag could mean so much to me!
Mercy River sang and they were really good. I wish I could sing like that. Brooke is also going to be a GREAT singer someday as well!!! haa haa. It would be so fun to just be able to sing like that. We also had this other HILARIOUS lady speak named Amanda Dickson. She just made you laugh the WHOLE time. Her big thing was "What is PERFECT?" "Do GET your HOPES UP". Another lady that spoke was from Leone and her story was unbelievable. She just had the greatest smile and was so positive it was really great listening to her.
But anyways overall this is a great event that everyone should try to go to! It was so fun and it is a good little break for Mothers! Thanks Mom for taking me!
4 comments:
WOW! Sounds so awesome! I'm so glad you got a break and some spiritual nourishment at the same time!!! :D
I am so sad I missed it. I am happy you had a great time and enjoyed some time to think without babies crawling all over you. Thanks for the notes from the talks, they were all great ideas. I could really use some help on the be delightful!
Our branch received some "credits" to send women to Time Out for Women. The RS President asked if I wanted to go and of course I signed right up. However, they canceled it a couple weeks before because they said there wasn't enough interest and they weren't going to have enough of a crowd to make it worth it. I thought, "but it will be worth it for me!" I was so sad I couldn't go.
I'm glad you had fun...it sounds wonderful.
Great recap Marin! Were you taking notes? The weekend was a blast and one of my most memorable parts was when I found my purse which I left sitting by the sidewalk on a busy street! Another prayer answered :-)
Post a Comment