Monday, September 20, 2010
"No Binkie!"
Carden did the most amazing thing today. He fed his binkies to the ducks and I am so sad I forgot my camera. He didn't shed a single tear and instead it is ME crying (my little boy is growing up)! I miss the binkie (or rather my little baby). I am just an emotional Mommy lately. Everything is just so emotional. Carden was such a good boy today and so strong. We went to the park and on our way to the park we stopped by the river to give the ducks the binkies. Rhead took the small baby binkie and threw it to the Duck and the duck took it and looked like it was really sucking it. Then Carden immediately threw one binkie and then two binkie into the river and said happily "No BINKIE!" I was so proud of him and he did it so easily. I was the one that was sooo sad to let those binkies go. I miss them and not at all because Carden hasn't been a good boy. He has been so good. He has been talking to me all day long. He didn't even say "Binkie" the whole rest of the day. This morning he was sucking them all morning long and I felt like he was preparing himself to throw them to the ducks. He just had to get his last sucks. I have to admit that going to bed was hard for Carden but he never cried, never threw a fit or even said Mommy I need a binkie. But I could just tell that he really wanted that Binkie. He is just a strong boy. I wanted to cry and give him all the binkies he wanted because I know that it must be sooooo hard to go from having a binkie ALWAYS at night to fall asleep to then nothing :( Well hopefully he will continue to be strong because I am the softy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Getting rid of the binkie is SO hard! Way to go Carden!!!
I felt the same way with Carter. We got rid of his binkies a couple of months ago and I wanted to cry! He is a big boy now! Carter did really well without the binkies, just had a couple of difficult naptimes, but other than that he was a pro.
Post a Comment