Monday, March 15, 2010

How do YOU get a GOOD haircut?

Justin always says, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!" but sadly I am disappointed in this saying because I did end up spending more than i would like for a hair cut which ended up being the WORST haircut I have ever seen.

I tried to be so clear in what I wanted. I told the salon lady that the SHORTEST PIECE of hair was supposed to be BELOW the EAR lobe and GUESS WHAT?? The shortest piece is ABOVE THE EAR!!!!!! I look like a boy. It is so sad. I just don't get salon/stylist people. I took a picture with a lot of layers and that is probably where I went wrong. She made so many short chunky layers that seriously it is sooo scary to look at!

How do you get a good cut? I don't know maybe I just need to go in and say do whatever will make me look cute because I seriously feel sooooo manly right now. I really am picky when it comes to a good hair cut. I like it when they texturize but not to the POINT where you FEEL BALD!!! I still don't get how they even to this to me. Don't they understand that HAIR, FULL VOLUME hair is GOOD sooo why do they ALWAYS make my hair sooooo flat???? I really am sick about that whole thing. I SHOULD cut hair. I really should. I think I would know how to make someone look good instead of butchering their FINE looking hair. But anyways I am curious in how others go about getting A GOOD CUT. I am just sick of paying GOOD money for cuts that just DON'T work!

As for what the hair looks like, well I am still embarrassed to even post a picture of my hair. It is scary, but I'm just glad that Justin can even KISS me!!

7 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Girlfriend! Go back and demand they fix it! I'll even go with you cuz it's not right that they made you feel not your beautiful self.

A Roper said...

Oh man! Bad haircuts are the worst! I'm sure you look beautiful though. You are SO gorgeous, Marin! I agree that you should go back and tell them to fix it---or at least get your money back. Did you do it in Visalia or Sacramento? I'm still struggling to find a place that I like. Sigh.

Margaret said...

ok ok ok. Enough of the hate for stylist:) I am with you, I dont understand why some stylist think that below the ear means above the ear, or long bangs means short bangs. I dont understand that at all. Some people have REALLY bad communication skills. Next time you pay a lot for a haircut make sure you ask how long the person has been doing hair and if its under 3 years request someone else. Dont have anyone try to fix it to much, because fixing means taking length off, and you dont want to lose anymore length.
I always say that people who do hair are crazy, and lets be honest, 99% of us ARE crazy.
On a better note, the Mariah Carey song we danced to came on today at bed bath and beyond and I did some of the dance for Hyrum in the curtain isle, 8 mo PG and all:)

Will said...

You are beautiful, I demand a picture!!!

hayley said...

That was from me:)

TheRapunzelGirl said...

oh, cousin! i feel your pain. there's nothing worse than a disappointing haircut. the only good thing is that the hair will grow back. it's just hard to feel cute while waiting on that.

Ashley Smith said...

oh marin i feel so bad! I totally agree that you need to go back and get your money back!!! And also, in the future i would only go to someone that you have been referred to- find a few girls in your ward that you like their hair and find out where they get it done! Especially if you're doing a change in the cut! Dont ever go to a random salon and get someone that you've never seen their work! Luckily it will grow back! :) and i'm sure you really dont look as bad as you feel- but i do hate that feeling.