Friday, March 19, 2010

4 Months!

Brooke doing the Irish jig in her guilles!!


We have made it to the FOUR month mark!!! Wow, it has been quite the adventure. I now look at motherhood with a whole new perspective (as a mother going from one child to THREE in less than two years!) I can't even explain what it is like to raise twins. It is just a lot LOT of work! Brooke and Rhead are really good babies though. It is really weird because I remember after Carden was born thinking that all "Mommies" are SOOOO AMAZING! I mean "Mother's Day" had a whole new respect. I just am BLOWN away at what a Mommy really does. All mother's are just AMAZING to me! As you become a mother you realize all the WORK that your Mommies have gone through to get you to where you are. I am only to the two year mark with Carden and still can't believe how much I feel like I have grown and I still have so many years to go! It is quite exciting to think how much growing I will be doing in the years to come. But anyways I don't know if any of that made sense. I just appreciate all MOMMIES (and can now even connect with all mommies of MULTIPLES, what a different life they live!)

Anyways Brooke and Rhead and their FOUR month mark!

Brooke Weight: 12.7lbs (25th percentile),
Height: 25"(75th percentile)
Head: 40.6cm (35th percentile)

Rhead Weight: 14.2 lbs (35th percentile)
Height: 26.5" (90th percentile)
Head: 42.9cm (70th Percentile)

So they are TALL and have LARGE heads!! Their weight is doing well but is just low. We started the rice cereal and it didn't go so well but I guess I will keep it going so that they will start to like it. Nursing is going well. Rhead loves his bottles and Brooke loves to nurse. Both nurse. Both love to smile especially Rhead. He can laugh and laugh. Brooke is more serious. They both roll over front to back and are almost making the roll from back to front with just some help! They are quite coordinated, Rhead especially. He loves to hold things and he has GREAT cross-lateral connection. He is going to be walking before he CRAWLS!! Brooke loves to pinch me while she nurses. She has quite the grip. They have strong necks (and I guess you would have to have a strong neck holding up THOSE HEADS!).

Anyways we had a GREAT St. Patrick's Day. I did a JIG for Carden and we played Irish music all day long on Pandora.com. Boy am I out of SHAPE. I can't believe how hard it was to do the JIG! Carden loved it. We were prancing around the house doing leap 23's!!! haa haa. I also made some SPLIT pea soup to celebrate!! Well I better go to bed. Goodnight.

4 comments:

The Good Life said...

I remember when Paige was a newborn and all I could do to get out of the house was take her on walks. I would walk on the levee and watch all the people walking by me thinking WOW ALL OF YOU HAVE A MOTHER!!! I thought those months were so HARD. Now that I have two to juggle and provide everything for, I realize how easy that was. Moms of multiples get extra big mansions in heaven! :)

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love that you danced for them! I bet you wish you still had your red boots and flower hat.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Can I just say that I have the upmost respect for you having 3 kids so young and twins on top of that! I think you are amazing and I have no idea how you do it! Congrats on making it to the 4 month mark! I bet your haircut doesnt look as bad as you think.. a bad haircut can never make a beautiful person look ugly :)

hayley said...

What a festive mom you are! I am glad things are going well. You are doing such a great job:) I am so impressed how well you keep it together with three under 2. Love you