Brooke and Rhead usually wake up at the same time in the morning, which is nice because it is easy to keep them on the same schedule but then a challenge because they both are hungry at the same time. Usually I try to rotate who waits in the morning. This morning I FINALLY solved the problem with putting out cheerios while the other one waits. They LOVE cheerios! It is really fun to watch them use their fingers to pick up the cheerios. Brooke sits there rocking and humming picking up a cheerio one at a time with her pincher fingers while Rhead smashes is WHOLE hand down over the cheerios and grabs as many as he can and then sticks his WHOLE hand over his mouth trying to get as many in! This is just one example of how Brooke is such a girl and Rhead is such a boy.
Another example is how in the morning Brooke usually just sits there quietly playing with her toys as Rhead scrambles to his knees and bolts off to Brooke knocking her over and then crawling on top of her to eat her head! He loves to give Brooke kisses (if that is what you can call a open mouth bite to the head). Brooke just waits patiently while giving little cries telling me to help get him off. I can't believe how mellow Brooke is. She is so patient and so sweet. Rhead is a sweetheart as well.
Rhead still loves to place his arms around your neck with his chin resting on your shoulder and snuggle. He loves to fall asleep like this. This is usually how I prepare him to go down for his nap. I give him a few pats on the back and bounce him to his crib so he knows that it is time for a nap. As I place him down in his crib I always put his blanket over his back (he loves to sleep on his tummy) and then he reaches both his hands back to grab the blanket and pull it in. Just shows you how he just loves to be cuddled.
Brooke I usually have to nurse to get her ready for her nap but lately I have been putting her down in her crib and she just lays there so content and so happy and then she usually puts herself to sleep. Both Brooke and Rhead wake up at 6 or 7am and then they take a nap at 10am till noon and then again at 2-4pm and then go to bed at 8ish. They have been so good about being scheduled babies. It has been nice but then at the same time makes each day so predictable. I kind of like not knowing what the day will bring but then at the same time like to know that I can catch a nap at the 2-4pm time while Carden takes his nap as well.
Carden is such a cute little swimmer. I love to watch him underwater as his face scrunches up with his big eyes open reaching for the side. He loves to say "Swim to Mama!" I love to hear him say this to me. It is just so fun swimming in the pool with him. I'm so thankful for NANA teaching him to swim!
2 comments:
The rocking and humming remind me of Jade when she first started solids. TOo cute! I am dying to see them in action
love your journal entries. they make me visualize the scene and it looks sweet!
Post a Comment