We had quite the Memorial weekend. Last minute we decided to head down to L.A. where Justin's little (taller) brother was having a Basket Ball tournament. Since Justin is done with school and is waiting for work we decided we better take the all the "vacationing" we can! So we left on Friday and arrived just in time for Jaren's first game at the HAX basket ball hanger. It was WAY cool! There was about 6 courts with 7 flat screen TV's, and a Cardio room, weight lifting room, and other rooms for basketball training. It was quite the set up! Jaren's team made it all the way to the FINAL FOUR!! He is an amazing basketball player! Carden loved trying to go out there on the court and would start clapping his hands.
We spent Saturday at the beach since Jaren's game wasn't till 4pm. The beach was perfect. It was so clear and sunny and warm. The water wasn't too bad but there were no waves to body surf on. Justin and I jumped in while Carden took a nice nap on the beach. We went to Manhattan beach and it was so beautiful. Justin and I would LOVE to live there. Maybe someday we will have a beach house right on the beach!!! (hee hee it is fun to dream!). I just loved this one beach house that was so cute. I wish I took a picture of it. It was right on the beach with a large courtyard with a pool. It had a ton of windows and was just beautiful. I loved this beach because there was a bike path as well as a walking path that went all the way down the beach. There were also tons of little shops that were so cute. We went to Wahoo's Tacos for lunch and CARDEN loved it!! He ate almost all my black beans, fries, and a quesadilla. Sometimes I wonder if I'm letting Carden EAT TOO much??? He just can EAT! But we just had such a great day at the beach. I didn't want to leave.
We then drove up to Visalia to spend Sunday and Monday with Grandma and Grandpa and the van Beevers! It was so much fun. We swam, BBQ, flew kites, launched golf balls off the top of the hill, played baseball, some ping pong, and enjoyed the breezy sunny weather! It was a great weekend. Carden loved playing with Luke and Cohen. Carden also LOVED swimming. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us come to your house!
4 comments:
Just keep dragging the pictures up to the top of the post and they will all line up. It was fun hanging out we should do it again soon!
All 5 of you Sweeney boys look so much alike in that picture. Wow. What a fun weekend! And how come we get emails about everything going on in your life, like tests and stuff, but we don't get an email about being pregnant again??? Congratulations!
great memories for 2009!
I'm so glad you were able to go down for a quick trip to watch Jaren. What a fun trip for you all.
What good looking Sweeney boys!:)
Post a Comment