Sunday, May 17, 2009

May Update

Carden is so tender. He picks up his duck and then goes to his little rocking chair and rocks his duck.
This is Carden in one of his NEW shirts and shoes with his basket ball!

Our first year of law school is FINALLY over!! It was rough but we made it through! We aren't sure what our summer plans are, but I teach until July and then I am also able to teach for the rest of the summer if we stay. Justin plans on finding some work here in Sacramento and hopefully we will find a good internship!

Justin and I also would hate to leave our callings, with Justin being in the Young Men's and me being called as the PRIMARY Chorister!! Yeah, I know I have no idea what I'm doing in there. I'm horrible at leading. But I am excited! I love being in there with all the children. I have already taught for three Sundays and finally I feel like I kind of know what I am doing. We learned the song "Baptism" and they did such a great job. Now I have to get creative and bring in some fun games to keep them entertained.

So far my pregnancy is going pretty good. I have felt a little sick here and there (which really stinks since my first I didn't feel anything). But I have noticed I am a lot more emotional. For instance, today in Primary I almost started crying when this cute little boy, Mason, gave a talk on Baptism. It was so cute. And then later that evening I was calling a friend to say a few things and almost started crying over the message machine!!! (well I guess I kind of have a good reason to be crying since my friend Spring and her family are leaving this summer:( ) Already our next door neighbors the McGee's have disappeared. It is so sad. We didn't even see them move ONE box down the stairs and we were hoping that we would be of service!!! We miss our friends so much already. Change is so hard.

As for Carden...
he is just growing SO FAST! I seriously blink and he is one size bigger! He's already wearing size 18-24 mo. and he is throwing baskets, walking everywhere, copying anything he sees Justin and I do... I just can't believe I have a little one year old! He is so much fun. He has the cutest little laugh. He loves his binky like crazy, but I'm glad that it brings him comfort.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

oh my goodness, Primary chiorister is my dream calling! I cant lead to save a life, but i think that would be so fun! Congrats on being done with year one at law schoool, its flying by!!!