I finally decided to try out the SIX hour drive to LAKE HAVASU CITY to visit our cousins with JUST me and the KIDS. I left McKay with Grandma and Max for some quality BOY TIME! And then Jade decided to come for some GIRL TIME with the Mosley twins! The drive was crazy but luckily we made it there safely.
The DRIVE WAS SO WORTH it BECAUSE OF THIS CUTE LITTLE GIRL!! Brielle is our newest cousin on the Peterson side and this was our first time seeing her! She was born on McKay's Birthday only a year later :) She is so sweet.
The kids absolutely LOVED being with their cousins. We enjoyed gathering SEA SHELLS!...
Throwing rocks!...
Collecting more favorite shells to take home for Mom and Dad!...
Showing our strength by lifting the heaviest rock! I think this little girl one!...
Laughing and playing with this MUNCHKIN!!! This girl cracks me up!...
Walking in the LAKE and seeing all the race boats, sail boats, and mountains!....
They were all so good to each other! They all shared toys so well and most of the time we played outside on the swing set and road our bikes around the house! It was endless fun!...
Including the IN-N-OUT burgers the KIDS ALL WON with reading 5 BOOKS cover to cover! They sure enjoyed their burgers and fries! Carden wanted to go back the next day!
These kids got so much attention wherever we went! Most people commented, "OH MUST BE A BIRTHDAY PARTY!" Yes it sure was a PARTY and Brynley even made us GREEN CAKE for St. Patrick's Day! We sure love COUSIN PARTY's!
Somehow we all FIT in the suburban! Girls in back and boys + E.J. in the front!!
I got to sit by this cute girl every time! She loves her little thumb!
Carden was brave enough to swim in the cold pool but it felt good seeing we had some warm 80 degree weather.
Brooke and Carden learned how to PUMP their legs on the swings, which made it so easy! Jade always was willing to push Rhead on the swings. I forgot to get some pictures of them all on the swings. Carden also went across the whole monkey bars. The swing set was a hit!
We also went to story time at the library and boy was the ROOM sure FULL of kids!
The kids loved it! They sang songs and played games!
London Bridge!
We also got to go to a FUN FESTIVAL but sadly I forgot my camera. The kids all went down this HUGE slide and then jumped on the trampoline with a harness. It was fun to watch. I even got to do both rides. The slide I received a huge burn and tore it up. But the trampoline was awesome and I busted out some back flips!
The kids loved it! They sang songs and played games!
London Bridge!
We also got to go to a FUN FESTIVAL but sadly I forgot my camera. The kids all went down this HUGE slide and then jumped on the trampoline with a harness. It was fun to watch. I even got to do both rides. The slide I received a huge burn and tore it up. But the trampoline was awesome and I busted out some back flips!
THANK YOU PAUL AND BRYNLEY for letting us come to your beautiful and FUN HOME! We sure had fun. I don't know if I ever want to make the drive again alone but we sure will have to come every year to play! The drive home I got stuck in 45 mile winds in Mohave which was kind of scary and thought my car was going to blow off the road. Also we had some throw up due to car sickness. I forgot to give them Dramamine and had given them some luckily on the way TO your house! Oh well. Now I will remember not to FORGET! The MEALS were EXCELLENT! You are quite the chef Brynley! Can't wait to see you all again SOON!
4 comments:
That looked like a FUN trip. I wish I had so many cousins my age growing up... oh wait, I did! I loved playing with my cousins. Good you made the sacrifice to drive so far!
What a trooper you are! I can't believe you threw all those kids in the car and made the trip. From the pictures the trip looks totally worth. What a crazy, exhausting, blast it must have been. I can't wait for the beach. More craziness and good times.
EXACTLY! It was worth it!
Brave, brave woman! And very cute pictures. Looks like it was well worth it.
Post a Comment