Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm READY FOR SUMMER!

Oh I just can't stand this COLD weather!
I am going crazy! I just can't wait for summer. What do you do with THREE kids in winter?
Honestly I am out of ideas. We have danced around the house, watched Thomas, did some learning activities, and now it is only 10:30am and the library doesn't open until 11:30!!!! ahhhh!!
Everything needs to OPEN earlier! My kids CONSTANTLY FIGHT already and it is driving me CRAZY! I am ready to get rid of every toy.

10 comments:

Brynley said...

Move to VEGAS or Phx where you can swim and then the winters are perfect for the park!! Ideas...my kids were tossing the pom pom into a pot and then when they missed or made it they had to run somewhere in the house. clogged in the kitchen. Hide under blankets. And then try to just endure the mess of my house. it will be clean one day. (we have been inside because of the colds but on saturday i think I will let them out=))

Brynley said...

ps our library opens at 930am.
Play at the mall

AggieMay said...

Boy do I hear ya. We can't even go out because of the frigid weather and we have had cabin fever for a while now. BRING ON THE SUNSHINE! Hang in there...at least that's what my mom told me to do yesterday when I called her out of sheer frustration. :)

justin said...

mid to low 70's and sunny every day the next 10 days in mesa! :)

A Roper said...

Oh, I am so with ya! Having toddlers is much more difficult too because you have to do the entertaining!!!

Erin and James Sweeney said...

I know you worry more as a mother, but as a kid, I loved playing outside when it was cold. As long as you bundle them up really well, I think it's still fun playing at the park!

Ashley A. said...

I definitely feel you, Marin. It was good to see you at the library the other day. Sorry the kids didn't cooperate. If you ever want to get together during the day, let me know!

Also, Baby Einstein! I don't know if there are any videos your twins will watch yet but Nate likes watching that in the exersaucer and I like having a means of escape when I am ready to pull my hair out.

jenny said...

yep. box up every toy you own for one week and see what they come up with to do by themselves! i would keep a little tally sheet to mark off how many fights there are with not a single toy in sight. i think it would be a marvelous experiment.

yes, bundle up the family, put your lawn chair in the garage (next to the space heater), grab a good book and let them explore!

hayley said her kids love tossing pom-poms into containers also!

jenny said...

oh yeah, life does get much more interesting if you invite a little (potty-trained) friend over to play. just a couple of hours with a new friend really changes things up!

Sarah said...

Crazy crazy crazy! I hear you! I don't know how you do it! Keep at it and keep positive. The more frustrated I let myself get the worse and worse I feel. I've tried it all and you just have to keep trying.

The park is OK in the cold if it's 40 degrees but not if it's like 15!!! :) Good luck to you!