Saturday, January 23, 2010
Where is the milk?
Wow, nursing still is being sooo difficult. I don't know what is worse a baby that is tongue tied or a baby that sucks like a Barracuda?! Let's just say that Carden was a BEAR when it came to nursing. It took THREE WHOLE months before I could nurse without ANY pain. I think I rather take that then all this supplementing since Rhead is tongue tied and cannot FINISH a feeding! Ohhh it makes me so mad sometimes. I just don't know why I always have the hardest time with nursing. Maybe it is because my pregnancies and deliveries go so well that I have to experience some hardship. Ohhhhh but it has been sooooo horrible. I really want to keep it up though. I guess I will work another MONTH and see if anything gets better since that is how long it took for Carden. I just marvel at those that can just PUMP milk like NOTHING (Jackie that blog made me SOOO JEALOUS!). Well things besides that are going well. The feedings just stink but then the time in between has been fun (which is just a few minutes here and there). I feel like I have milk but I just have TWO babies that can't finish their feedings. Ohhhhh it really stinks. It has been so rough. I should probably just throw in the towel and call it quits. I just don't know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
good for you for continuing to try!
Dont quit! I'm sure it will get better! Ethan was a beast eating as well. I would cry and cry because it hurt so bad. Maybe with two it will take double the amount of time to quit hurting?? I think you are awesome and even if you do give up nursing, no one wil think ANY less of you! You are supermom!
I responded to your comment about pumping on my blog in the comment section. I guess I could have just posted it here. Sorry.
So I look at it this way. If you quite now will you look back in a month and regret it? IF you will then set a time limit, like a month, and if time runs out and you still are dying, then quit.
Either way, you are a good mom and you shouldn't feel bad about what you do! It's not worth killing yourself over. Seriously. IT'S NOT!
Love you! Hang in there.
If you want I'll pack some of mine up in dry ice and send it to you. (The milk bank in CO has people mail it packed in dry ice in a cooler/shipper thing. So I know it can be done!)
I forget. One thing that helped with Brigham was once he started to sleep longer stretched I would get up and pump right after he ate before my body had a chance to adjust to making less milk from not eating at night. I found it was always harder to make more than I was currently making, so I guess I just never slowed down when he started eating less frequently.
Make sense?
Marin
I got Claire's tongue clipped at 2 weeks and she nursed like a champ after that. She was tongue tied. I am sure you have looked into this- but it was SUPER easy and not painful and all for her or for her afterward- she just started nursing right away. Just some food for that.
good luck. Love the sweaters in AZ> you are dressed warmer than my kids maybe that is why they are getting colds. hehe
hang in there! You are doing great! What's your feeding/pumping schedule? You can email me, if that works best.
have you tried those shields I told you about? It may help with latching and it will definitely help with soreness. They were lifesavors for me.
let me know if you need anything else!
I agree with Katy, if you feel like getting their tongues clipped I have heard it isn't that big of a deal. maya didn't have to have hers done even though she was tongue tied, but I honestly know how much nursing can hurt. i nursed with pain pills around the clock and my family was fasting for me and so was my husband along with getting blessings. It was a mess. Maya wouldn't take any bottle until a year though, so you do have that option where you can supplement if you want. Really, if its stressing you to death, dont feel bad if you want to bottle feed. They have already gotten some major nutrients from you! I just know for me it was easier to bond even more with my baby when i wasn't dreading every feeding. Do what you feel is right though!
I'm so sorry! Nursing is so hard. I remember thinking you were amazing for sticking to it with Carden. All I have to say is do whatever is best for you and DO NOT feel guilty if you decide to do the bottle. I think there is a point when you need to think about your own health and well being. You have done great and the twins will be healthy and happy either way... nursing or bottle! Good luck!! They are so cute by the way and you look great!
The first 6 weeks nursing Halle was SO hard! I remember dreading every feeding and thinking i would never like nursing. The thing that saved us was getting a medela nipple shield! It is amazing!! Yes, slightly inconvenient keeping clean and keeping in the same place so that you have it when you need it, but the pros outweigh the cons by a million to one!!!! And your milk is established so thats not a worry at this point either. Love you and good luck!
Post a Comment