Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Utah Trip Part 1

I decided to take the kids to UTAH this summer since we never see the Sweeney cousins.  There was also a lot going on with the Livingston reunion and my old dance studio performance and then the home school convention!  It was a great trip plus you can't go wrong with Utah in the SUMMER!  It was beautiful!

I drove the whole way to Utah with my Grandpa Livingston up front with me.  He kept telling me stories about how his best buddy didn't refer him into the flight program which he SHOULD have been in.  My Grandpa is really smart!  He really is!  He seriously DID ANYTHING he wanted!  He went to dental school, went to flight school, became a pilot, built houses, built airplanes...

Anyways it was fun listening to him tell me about him being a dentist and how he charged so much because he REALLY SOLVED the problem with younger kids tooth decay instead of just doing little small things here and there!  He charged so much because he was the best!  It is true.  The biggest thing I regret is letting some UTAH DENTIST drill out my grandpa's old silver cavity!  Ever since I have had cracks and will probably need a crown next.

 Here is Nesha's beautiful studio in Salem Utah!  I didn't even get the whole studio in my picture.  It is that big!! Such a cute studio!  Kierstin took me to the performance and it was AMAZING!  The dancers are so good and it just makes me happy to watch kids DANCE!!  I love the costumes, the makeup, the hair, the music, and movement!  There is nothing more fun that PERFORMING!
 http://lifehouseacademy.com/  If you live in Utah and are looking for a great dance studio with wholesome dancing!  This is the studio!  Check out their website!
 Chase and Carden reunited!  They loved jumping on the trampoline with the football!  They are only 6 months apart and have seriously been the best of buds since they were born!
 We had a BLAST riding the FRONT RUNNER!  This seriously was so FUN!  The day was beautiful and the mountains were so gorgeous to look at as you rode the train towards SLC!
 Kierstin and Jason made some great meals for us!  Thanks so much!
 Brooke and Emmy riding the train!  Such pretty girls!
 We went to the Family History building where they had the children's play area!
Got to do some MEXICAN dancing!
 The kids fished on the boat!
 Loved seeing the TEMPLE!  Just beautiful!
 Not even photo edited and this is how perfect the day was!
 Spray ground and football!
We RAN so hard to make the last train!!!  And we still had 10 minutes to spare!  Just glad KP didn't go into LABOR!!!  :)

I didn't even take a picture of KP and I at the homeschool convention that was in Provo.  It was a GREAT convention.  I probably won't homeschool but I think I want to always be prepared if i need to!  I also want to be involved and have a house where LEARNING is FUN!!!


I got my white board up and days of the week calendar as well as the alphabet!  The kids love the white board and I enjoy it as well!!!  I made it all for around 10 bucks!!!  Went to the teacher resource center and cut out alphabet letters.  Then sewed up the calendar canvas thing just from copying a thing on a teacher website.  Then went to Lowes and had them cut a 4' by 8' board to 4 by 6 and then had the extra cut into six boards for the kids to draw on at the table.  I then bought mirror holders to mount the board!  HAPPY LEARNING!!!  :)   We also have the articles of faith up.  Carden is working on number 10 but I ran out of paper!


1 comment:

Kierstin said...

Great posts on the trip. I am so glad you came and we were able to do a lot of fun things. See ya again soon in Cali. Hopefully it won't be too stressful without Justin. We'll all do our best to help.