Friday, June 25, 2010

June Update

Well the twins are seven months. They are quite cute and I wish I could post a picture of them but we don't have our camera cord till we get back to Sacramento :(

Rhead: He is a crazy boy! He is so fast at crawling and is ALREADY pulling himself up to things and standing (even in a slippery tub!). He gets so frustrated when we can't pull himself up or get up the stairs or when he can't get under the chair when crawling. He is our extreme boy. He is either SOOO HAPPY or sooo sad. He usually is always crying unless held and snuggled. I think it is because he is teething but shows no sign of teeth! He loves to eat. He pretty much can eat at anytime. He loves people. He loves using his hands to explore things. He has pretty graceful hands for a baby. He loves to wipe his food all over his face and then chomps on his hands while I try to get a bite in. He has also mastered getting up the stairs.

Brooke: She is so fun. She has TWO bottom teeth pushing through which is crazy b/c Carden didn't get his first tooth until he was 11 months old! She is so quiet but her little fun personality is starting to come through. She acts all serious but as she gets to know people she starts to warm up. She has the cutest little laugh. She is starting to give more hugs. She is a Mommy's girl (well actually both of them are). They notice when I leave and Rhead will always crawl right to me if he sees me. She is always on schedule it seems with two two hour naps during the day and then goes to bed at 8pm. She is such a great sleeper. She loves to eat her solid foods, loves playing with Carden, and loves sitting up. She still scoots everywhere. She really doesn't move that much anymore. She knows that if she just cries she can get anything she wants. She does the whole knee knee in and then just flies her belly forward. The belly scoot is just so cute to watch. She also still loves to swim with her arms.

Rhead loves to eat Brooke's head and also crawl on top of her. He is already Mr. Wrestler. He is so funny because I can pull him off of her and then he goes and does it again and when I pull him off he just laughs at it. He thinks it is a game. Rhead is also determined to master the stairs this summer. He has already made it to the second step and just lies his whole body on the step and then cries because he can't get down. He knows how to get down from the first step now which makes him really happy.

Carden: He knows MOST his colors. He know red, blue, purple, yellow, green, and orange. Carden loves the color yellow. He also refers to orange as "Juice". haa haa. It is so funny. He always repeats all the colors I call out but when I say "orange" he says "JUICE"! "Orange," "JUICE!" Carden's favorite line is "I try!" He wants to do everything himself. He also loves any kind of truck or car. He loves to bang things and make any kind of noise. He loves to also watch his Uncle Jaren play Basketball. He knows who Michelle and Jaren are and when he says the prayer he makes sure to point to everyone as he says the prayer. He chooses what words he wants to say and while saying the prayer points to things that we pray for. It is really cute. He is also taking swim lessons with Nana and boy does he hate it. He doesn't hate them but he is just all about doing things when HE wants to do them. He loves to swim but when it comes to going under, well that just makes him upset. He is a really good swimmer though. He has such strong kicks and I love to watch his cute little face light up as he swims laps with me. He makes the silly faces ever. Oh and Carden prefers a speedo when it comes to swimming rather than trunks! It is pretty cute. I would sure hate to wear those baggy cold shorts swimming too!


As for me and Justin, well we are worn out. Things seem to never be done. There is always someone to feed, someone to hold, someone to change, someone crying, someone sad, someone getting into something they shouldn't. I keep thinking maybe it will get easier but really when I think of how much harder it is getting with Carden I tell myself, "There is no way that things are going to get any easier". Carden is a good boy but he just loves getting into everything. Well i better go get lunch. The only easier thing is that everyone is starting to sleep better at night!

5 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be. Sounds so frustrating yet productive (maybe?) at the same time. We miss you and can't wait til you come back!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Whew! Sounds busy! I love the description of your kids, though. Sounds like you're taking the time to enjoy your kiddies! :) We really need to get together when you come back to town!

Ashley A. said...

Aww they do sound big. I wish you could post pictures.

You guys should be exhausted! I'm sure you're doing a great job, though. Yeah...that is what I am learning, too--they grow out of the feeding/changing/holding needs, but that doesn't mean things get any easier! :)

jenny said...

After a hectic week around the pool with 10 kids, I know you must be very exhausted. Just always remind yourself, "I am doing a GREAT work!" I love you.

Kierstin said...

LOL!! AMEN!! I definitely think the first year is the easiest. Feeding and changing diapers is a lot easier than play ref and cleaning up all the time. Emmy really doesn't make any messes, break anything, or fight with anyone. What a blessing!!