Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby Blessings and a Birthday



Today was a special day not only was it my sister's Birthday but it was also the day we decided to bless Brooke and Rhead. We kind of decided last minute to do it today because we realized that both grandparents would be in town and so we did it. They are only two weeks old and I was a little nervous taking them to church but hopefully they will stay healthy.

They were so good during the blessing. Justin brought the spirit to the meeting with such beautiful prayers for each baby. Brooke was blessed first and for the past few weeks I felt that we needed to give her the middle name of Irene. This is my Grandma's name and she is an amazing lady. She is so strong, determined, and talented that I felt that Brooke needed this as part of her name. Brooke is such a strong girl and she was able to push her way into this world being so small. I was really nervous delivering her first but she was able to do it all by herself! Some things that really touched me as I listened to Justin's blessing was that Brooke would live a healthy long life and that she would use her talents to be a good mother and wife. I know that all of us have talents and sometimes we neglect using them especially in our families. For instance, I love to teach dance and I know that I should start using dance to have fun family recreational activities!

Rhead was then blessed second since he came second into this world. Rhead was quite the gentleman letting Brooke go first and being patient enough to hang out while she came into the world. I thought he would have stress as he waited so patiently but he was calm and didn't have any heart problems. Rhead is so sensitive and calm and I am really glad that we named him after his Grandma's. I finally feel good about the names we gave them as Justin blessed them today in church. It was such a good feeling. We are so grateful for the blessings we have received this month and for the past nine months with how smooth everything has been. Thank you to all that came to the blessing and for making the drive up here. We love you all.

We also got to eat a YUMMY lunch with the Glenn family as we celebrated Kierstin's Birthday. Then we ate this AMAZING pumpkin cake! Wow, it was a great day. We also headed to the church to see all the beautiful nativity sets.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

what a sweet experiance to have as parents to these sweet babies. every time we have a blessing in our ward i get super emotional. So cool that as members we have the priesthood through our husbands, and our children can be blessed. isnt it nice to know that we know we do something right when he present it to heavenly father and he makes you feel so good about it? Congrats to you guys again! You are such great parents!

Makenna said...

I LOVE the picture form Nov 28 with them all smached together snuggling! they are so sweet - I wish I could hold them! Im jelous that Livingstons are close and get to see them.

Brynley said...

I wore the same outfit as you on sunday. hehe. I love carden with one shoe. I'm glad it was a wonderful experience.

Tiffany Kadani said...

It was all so nice. Beautiful blessings and babies.

The Harrisons said...

What an awesome experience! I'm glad the blessings went well. I can't wait to meet your special little babies!

Ashley Smith said...

Looks like such a great day! You know we wish we coulc have been there! :) Your family is SO cute and such a real family now :) I cannot WAIT to hold those tiny little babies! And Also, i LOVE that carden's shoe and sock are missing in that shot! I cannot wait to squeeze and play with him!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I'm pretty sure the blessings had half the congregation in tears. It was beautiful. I'm so glad everything has turned out and that you are happy with their names. Naming kids is so hard, huh?

jenny said...

BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! Mom looks great for just delivering a set of twins!

Yani said...

I just love the twins. I can't wait to meet them in person.

SBB said...

Marin, what a beautiful family you have! You certainly appear to have your hands full! TWINS! That's so crazy. Tell Justin hello for me. I'm glad to see that you are all doing well.

Shawna