Friday, August 1, 2008

Basketball is LIFE!!


So in the process of moving Marin has forced me to toss some of my old basketball t-shirts. Most of them are XL or XXL so I can't wear them anyway. They're made for 6' 8" huge bball players, which I am not! I've kept some of them for over 10 years now because I had to "earn" each one and each has a story behind it. So permit me to relive the past a little here...

- The AAU State Championship shirts are from winning the AAU tournament 3 summers in a row!
- The Suns Steve Nash jersey...Need I say more! (Provo City League Champs!)
- The "Toro 24" shirts are from playing at Mountain View (which was ranked by Sports Illustrated as one of the "Top 25 High School Athletic Programs in the Nation")
- The white Nike jersey by my feet is from my Arizona Stars team that was coached by Danny Ainge (we scrimmaged the AZ stars team the year ahead that featured Channing Frye who now plays for the Portland Trail Blazers...yeah, we got killed)
- The AZ Stars team morphed into "East Side" and Danny got us sweet uni's from Adidas cuz he had some contract with them at the time. (He's the one that got me hooked on my Pro G Model basketball shoes)
- My Toro practice jersey is in the corner. (blood, sweat and tears!)
- My "Spring Classic" shirt right above that...I was invited to play in a "AZ Top-15" game the summer before my senior year.
- Las Vegas "Holiday" tourney...I won MVP our last game there.
- My "East Valley Champs" t-shirt from when we won region (and beat Lee Cummard's team 3 times in a month to reclaim #1 ranking in AZ...too bad we lost in the playoffs to the team that ended up winning it all!)

Anyway, it's just a game...but I LOVE it!

8 comments:

jenny said...

Don't throw them away Will and I can compete for them.

Marin said...

My husband is pretty amazing!!! :)

Makenna said...

So where are you moving too!? Im guessing not by us.. =*(

justin said...

sacramento still...we'll definitely call you if we come to AZ

Ashley Smith said...

you should make a cool quilt so you can keep them forever, but not in a pat rack collection of gross shirts :) Thats what G'ma did with all of Amy's fav. volleyball shirts it turned out cool...just a suggestion

Kierstin said...

I can't believe your making him toss them Marin!!! Maybe one of your sons will be 6'8 and he could wear them. Better save them.

Kierstin said...

http://www.easyt-shirtquilt.com/

Check out that site for making all those shirts into a memory quilt. I saw the idea in a magazine. That would be one cool blanket!!

Kendria said...

GO TOROS!!! Sad to toss the shirts... At least you have documented it for the future. :)