Saturday, February 8, 2014

January

January flew by!  Wow, crazy how fast the months are going by now that I have only one in school.  Carden is enjoying school.  He says he loves recess and playing soccer with the boys!  Carden is still working on his last article of faith #13.  He memorized almost one a week and now its been almost a year since he has recited one.  We were on such a roll and now he has lost interest.  Guess I better start with Brooke and Rhead and get them all memorized before Kindergarten starts!  Carden is just burnt out I guess when it comes to doing school at home.  

Brooke and Rhead are dying to go to preschool.  Guess I better find a group of women to do JOY SCHOOL next year :(   I wish Brooke and Rhead could just start Kindergarten.  They pretty much are ready with all the basics.  The only problem is their letters.  Brooke and Rhead have a hard time with M and N.  We try to say "L-Love M-MOMMY & N-Nana!!"  I think it will click soon!!! :)  We are enjoying singing to Brooke's music class CD and I almost wish I was teaching this Sound Beginning class because my kids all seem to like it!  I might just have to look into it! 

I still teach my dance class once a week for 45 minutes at the church.  It is fun but I really want the girls to get better.  Leaps, turns, jumps, etc.  I really just want the girls to be split up in the right class and be doing the right kind of technique.  I am considering using my 4th bedroom as a studio.  I want to start choreographing as well.  We will see. 

Justin is working today.  Yes, Saturday and he has to work.  Sad.  We aren't even living in San Diego and he has to work some Saturdays!  I think it would be more worth it if we were living in San Diego!!  But the good thing is it is not every Saturday!  Carden had a Basketball game and did well.  He loves to shoot.  Doesn't like to pass so much.  But I think he doesn't like to pass because every time he does the other team takes it and scores :( 

McKay is sleeping in a bed now with Brooke.  We took down the crib and it was a sad moment.  No more baby.  Feels good but it is sad that he is just growing up sooo fast.  McKay does well in a bed though.  He is such a good boy.  He makes me smile and laugh every day.  He loves playing with his two brothers and sister.  He likes to say "fishy, shark, dog, two, and BONKEY"  He loves to pretend to count to 20 when Brooke and Rhead say their numbers on the board.  He is just a little copy cat.
 Brooke gets to go to music class with her cousin Jade!  It is a fun girls outing each week!
 I got in the spirit of Valentine's day this month!  Finally did something off pinterest.  It was a fun one and took only a FEW MINUTES, which was sooo nice!!! 
 When we turn on the fire place the little hearts dance around back and forth!!! The kids like it!
 We sure are thankful for the RAIN we finally received!!!  The kids have enjoyed having an umbrella!!! Guess Santa will have to bring each kid one next year!!!  Along with a TAPE measure!!! 

 We moved the boys across the hall from Brooke's room since I am trying to put together a dance/play room!!!
 It is nice having the kids close to our room!!  It is nice and cozy!!  We have been using that word a lot!!  Brooke especially likes when things look "COZY!" 
 Brooke as well as the other kids LOVE to paint!!  Brooke got to paint by herself while the boys went to the school to shoot HOOPS!

 All my ARTISTS!
 The kids get so creative every morning.  Here is their DONKEY they roped up!
 They even have the donkey carrying cargo for them!!! 
 We love it when the cousins come to our house!!  NINJA Turtles is a favorite.  The neighbors must REALLY LOVE us especially when there are FOUR Ninja's peaking over the fence!
 For my sister's birthday we got to meet her down in LA.  It was quite fun!  I sure love it down there.  I am always UP for a 7 hour drive if that means I get to see the OCEAN and smell the salty air!!!
 The kids rode their razors down the pier and down the streets to meet up with the Mosleys!
 The kids LOVE their castle they got from Nana and Papi!!! We play on it DAILY!!! It has made the backyard a fun place to play even though you can't really call it a backyard.  (sooo tiny). 
 SAM and Carden loved playing in the sand.  They all were running in the waves even though it was JANUARY!  Brrrr.
 Rhead and the rest of the kids got a COOL Jr. POLICE sticker from the kind officer who actually didn't write me up for not having any of the kids in helmets!!!!  Sooo sweet! 
 The pools were heated at the Mosley's hotel so we had to sneak in and play!!  The pool staff was actually really bored and were thankful we came to entertain them!!!

 The slides were AWESOME!!! And there were NO LINES!!!  :)  And you got to go down on your TUMMY!!!!  :)

 Thanks Brynley for letting us COME and CELEBRATE your BIRTHDAY!!! It was so FUN!!! We miss you guys!!! Can't wait to see you again this summer!!! 
 

1 comment:

Nana13 said...

FUN photos! I'm glad the boys are in that room. It is cozy. :) It looks great.
Love the Valentine hearts.
Haha always better to get stickers from the Police instead of citations. :)
And, you have a lovely yard. It is small, but you are so blessed. :)
Love you. Hugs to everyone from Nana.