So Brooke has been fevered and sluggish since Monday. I wasn't too concerned because she was eating a little and drinking, but of course at night things get worse. She started having coughing attacks and luckily made it through the night with water and back rubs. Last night Justin and I debated taking her to the hospital. We decided to give her a blessing. Justin gave Brooke a sweet blessing that made me feel at peace. I ended up staying up most of the night and catering to her every cough. She actually did alright since I was there and rubbing her back all night.
Later in the night Brooke said something that made me think of her middle name, "IRENE" after her Great Grandma. I was trying to stay on top of her Tylenol (because she was running a high fever) when at 1am I tried to wake her to take it and she said, "No Mom I don't need medicine!" Is that not Grandma Irene or what?!!! She even insisted on having her "WATER" wherever she was resting! Another Grandma Irene thing! I knew at 1am that she was going to be alright when she said those words as well as getting up at 3am to go potty by herself!! Brooke did better sleeping on the couch than in her bed. I think because it took her mind off trying to sleep. We watched Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast about 5 times but it sure helped her relax.
I am so thankful for the power of the Priesthood and for a husband that is worthy to hold it and use it when needed. I am thankful too to have a Brother-in-law doctor close who is always so kind and willing to make sure my sick kids will be ok!!! I guess I just need more faith in the human body! I took a immunology class at byu and it was awesome learning about the BODY and how it can HEAL ITSELF!!! It's got plenty of BACK UP systems ready to attack these antigens!!!
But I am truly thankful Brooke is healthy today and up ready to play "STORE" and back to cheerful FUN self!!
No comments:
Post a Comment