This week has been a horrible nightmare that I wish I could just wake up from it all but sadly it is real.
My week started out like this...
1. Monday I went to Goodwill to get some books for the kids. I found exactly what I wanted, the WHOLE POOH LEARN & GROW book collection and Angelina Ballerina books! However the store was PACKED. I couldn't even get my double stroller in the store because it was half off at the Goodwill. I also couldn't get a cart because there was already a waiting list for a CART! I couldn't believe it. I was torn because I was SO EXCITED about getting those books for the kids but knew I was never going to make it through the line that wrapped around the whole store while juggling BROOKE and RHEAD in my hands trying to hold my collection of books. It just wasn't going to happen so sadly I had to give up my collection of POOH books and Angelina and leave the store empty handed. I was sad. I thought I was SO SAD until Tuesday came around...
2. Tuesday turned out to be good weather which was looking up. The morning went so well with reading time at the library and then lunch followed with naps right after for everyone! We then all woke up ready to head to the park in the SUN. I was sad that our park group wasn't all there but luckily a few minutes later Holly and Kristina were there to play with us. I even met a new Mommy there that had twin boys. We were both in the toddler area of the park talking while the kids played. I turned to see Carden over by the tables in a ball and thought "Oh know he might need to pee!" We have been doing potty training lately and Carden was doing really well. I ran over to check to see if Carden needed to go pee and right as I turn around I find this new MOMMY holding Rhead with a MOUTH FULL OF BLOOD. I just thought, "Oh Rhead what did you bump this time!" As I got closer and grabbed him out of the strangers arms he immediately stopped crying so I didn't think he had really hurt himself too bad. I patted him while he put his bloody mouth on my shoulder and waited to calm him a little bit more before I checked to see what he bumped. I then took him to the car to get a wipe so I could get the blood off of him and found that he had NO TOOTH! MY LITTLE BOY LOST HIS TOOTH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just wanted to sink to the ground and cry, but I didn't. I just took Rhead in my arms called my sister Hayley who said "GO FIND THE TOOTH!" I found the tooth and ROOT on the ground right under the steps where Rhead MUST have hit his tooth on. I didn't know what to do! Do you stick it back in even though Rhead was fine and not even crying? Holly my friend found me a dentist (since we DON'T have one). I took the kids home where I met Justin and he then took Rhead to the dentist. The dentist tried to bond it to his other tooth but then within minutes of being home and eating baby food Rhead swallowed his tooth. It was gone. No more tooth. Oh I just wanted to close my eyes and have this whole day erased. I couldn't sleep at all. I just kept seeing the whole tooth and root in my hand and a mouth full of blood. I feel awful. How could this happen? We go to the park EVERY DAY and almost twice a day and no one has ever lost or bumped a tooth. How and why now?
Wednesday. I sat home. Scared. Crying. Sad. Paranoid that someone else was going to loose a tooth. I took away every chair in the house and just had my kids stay on the ground two feet and all. I couldn't take another fall. It was a hard day.
Thursday. Got out of the house to watch Justin play some basketball. Within minutes Justin rolled his ankle and we had to go home to ice his foot. Not a good night.
I hope the rest of the weekend goes a lot better. I guess we just have bad luck this week. Or maybe everyone is right, "[MY] HANDS ARE [TOO] FULL!" I need a nanny! Any takers?!
But I do want to say thank you to all those that have helped us out so much with this horrible accident. I hope no Mother has to see their baby loose a tooth.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry, Marin! I've been meaning to come by, but we've all been sick. :( I hope your weekend is much better!!!! :D
Oh no Marin!! I was thinking about you this week. I had no idea what you were going through. My kids have been sick, too. Don't worry about Rhead. It was definitely not your fault. That could happen to ANYONE.
When Joe was 3 or 4 he was helping his mom cook or something and she suddenly moved the chair without really thinking and he hit the counter and knocked out his two front teeth!! He was fine, though, and so was she even though she felt really guilty. I know it's hard because Rhead is so young but I'm sure he'll be OK.
If you ask me, we need a girl's night and fast! I need to get away from this house I've been stuck in and just talk! Maybe this week. Sorry for the LONG comment! :)
Awe Marin, I'm so sorry you've been having a crummy week! I hope things get better quickly!
When I was younger I was sitting on a skateboard and pushing it with my hands. I hit a rock or something and fell forward hitting my two front teeth on the sidewalk. They turned an ugly grey color and then fell out. I was toothless for awhile before my adult teeth grew in. For my 1st grade pictures I had the biggest toothless grin!
Oh my gosh! I would have cried and cried too! But you are a great mommy and it wasnt your fault. You cant be a helicopter mom constantly hovering your kids making sure they dont get hurt :) Plus, toothless kids are cute :) I hope your next week goes much better.
"Although my mother has long since passed, her words are always with me. “Come what may, and love it.”
I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it."
Remember this great talk from Elder Wirthlin 10/2008? Worth a re-read. I love you.
Oh I'm so sorry!
We still need to play. Send me your phone # please so I can just call and schedule something with you. :) hillariousg@gmail.com
Post a Comment