Monday, August 17, 2009
Growing Belly
Wow, it feels great to be back in Sacramento! Today is the first day of school (now as 2nd years!) wooo hooo! Justin has a CRAZY schedule and just going over it last night made me sad because I forget how much I won't SEE or be AROUND him :( It just makes my heart ache thinking I won't be with Justin in the evenings for dinner and the rest of the evening. I was so spoiled this summer while we were in AZ together! We are trying to balance everything with only one car. Part of me thinks we can do it! We have been trying to throw around the idea of doing the whole bike to school thing, but then as I look at Justin's crazy schedule it makes it seem impossible (with books, lunch, dinners, clothes, job, showering...) there just seems to be too many things that he will have to take with him for the 15mile bike ride to school! And then he has classes till 9pm and work till midnight that I would be nervous having him ride all the way home on his bike that late at night. So yeah I don't know what to do! Another car seems impossible to afford, but then at the same time impossible to be without. We tried putting an infant carrier in the car with Carden's car seat and it didn't really work. We have to move the seat all the way forward and then take out the base. It will work, but it will just be a miserable ride in are tiny carola.
So we are keeping our eyes out for a great price on a van. Let me know if anyone sees one!
As far as this pregnancy goes. WOW! I can't believe HOW CRAZY it is carrying TWINS! It is so different. So the end of June I was still teaching dance at 18weeks along and I was barely showing. No one knew I was even pregnant. And now being gone for a month and a half I am FULLY PREGNANT. Let me just share some CRAZY measurements.
18 Weeks Pregnant
Measuring at 21cm which is saying I am 21 WEEKS along. (so measuring 3 weeks ahead)
Pregnancy weight: 138lbs.
24 Weeks Pregnant
Measuring at 32cm which means I am 32 WEEKS along!!!! (so I am measuring 8 weeks ahead)
Pregnancy weight: 152lbs.
So pretty much in ONE MONTH I grew 11 cm!! I also gained 15 POUNDS in one month!!! Is this CRAZY OR WHAT! I'm HUGE and still have to go until at least NOVEMBER!
This morning we had an ultra sound at 24 weeks and the BOY is BIGGER by 4 oz! Which is crazy b/c they have their own umbilical cords and placentas. I don't know HOW he is this much bigger! So the girl is measuring 1pound7oz and the boy is measuring at 1pound11oz! The boy was moving around like CRAZY so we couldn't see his face but they both LOOK good. Everything is going well. The boy is measuring at 25weeks and the girl measuring at 24weeks. Kind of weird but good to know they are growing.
It is exciting that we are having a boy and a girl. I really feel blessed to be expecting two new spirits into our home at the same time. I have been feeling really good lately. It is nice being able to go out and take walks and get moving since the weather is so nice.
Oh and cute little story. Carden has turned into a Daddy's boy! Probably because I am trying not to pick him up as much and I think he really senses this. He loves it when his Daddy puts him to sleep but now that he is getting better with words he cries out from his crib, "My Daddy!" It is so cute. It is so hard though b/c he used to just lay down and go to sleep on his own but now that we are back he has been crying for his Daddy. It is so hard to not want to go in there and hold him when he calls out like that. But for the most part he ends up falling asleep on his own and sleeps through the nights again! ahhh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I love your pictures and i loved the cool video you put together! We sure miss you guys so much! Its crazy how much bigger you have gotten since i saw you last! We're just waiting for our little one to come ANY DAY (hopefully today- he he he)!! Love you guys!
Seeing you yesterday made it so real that you're pregnant with twins! I still think you look tiny though. I can't wait until you have your babies, it might be a little weird how excited I am for you!
You're lookin good!
You look great! What a cute pregnant mommy...it makes a difference having a second baby too...then add twins!
You do a great job!
OH my goodness - you are SOOO adorable pregnant. I am jealous! And even with twins...wow!
You look FABULOUS! Only you could pull off looking that tiny and gorgeous while having a second baby..much less TWINS! I'm so glad you are feeling better. ;)
Marin you are looking so good! I can't believe what a difference there is in the last two pictures! Thats so awesome the babies are doing well. We hope the next year goes well for Justin! I know EXACTLY how you feel not having a husband around but hopefully it will all be worth it.:)
Marin, you look so good! Most people don't look as good as you do being pregnant with one baby! There are two women (they are sisters actually) who both had twins and they had them vaginally. So, a vaginal birth is definitely possible! If I remember right, you were a little worried about that. Anyways, you look seriously awesome and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. If you ever need to vent about sometimes feeling like a single mom, I can totally relate :) Cant wait for more pregnancy posts!
It's so weird to hear where you "measuring" when you know you aren't there yet, huh? I was "full term" by 25 weeks. So crazy to think.
I didn't see you Sunday cuz I was stuck in nursery with three crazies. ugh. Good luck with the new school year! We only have one car too, but we never go anywhere so it works for us! What's the bus schedule like?
See you soon hopefully!!
That is crazy how much you grew in just a month. I agree with Whitney, though--I still think you're not that big (although I'm sure you will be soon!). It sounds like Justin will be really busy this semester. Joe will be, too. We'll have to get together while our husbands are studying!
Deacon became Brandon's boy too, which turned out to be a really great thing once sister came along. Good luck and your belly is sooo tiny for having 2 in there! You look great.
Post a Comment