Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Delynne Peay We WILL Miss YOU!

This whole day I have been dancing around my house, which Miss Delynne Peay would be doing if she were here at my house with me!  My heart is saddened to find out that a few days ago my BYU dance teacher Delynne Peay passed away due to the flu.  I will never forget my first dance class with her...

It was my Freshman Summer and I took an intermediate or advanced tap class.  I was actually pretty nervous since I hadn't tapped since 7th grade or so.  I had forgotten all the steps and was in this advanced tap class with this AMAZING DANCE TEACHER!!!!  She choreographed a great dance for the end of the semester, which me and Caitlin Carter Wilson (http://caitlinwilson.com/blog/) performed for our BYU WARD TALENT SHOW where Justin SWEENEY was the MC!  It was a memorable summer that I will probably never forget.  I think Delynne Peay made me realize how much harder I needed to work to me great!  From that summer on I think I took a class from her throughout my whole FOUR YEARS at BYU. 

Another class I will never forget is taking Delynne Peay's SPANISH DANCE class!!! It was AWESOME!!!  Honestly this class was sooo fun!!  I wish I had taken it more than once.  It was so FUN watching Delynne Peay teach us how to Spanish dance.  The hands and feet were so detailed and so passionate!

I can't even remember how I got on her 9RB team!!!  It was a MIRACLE and BLESSING because I feel like I grew so much being on her team, which lead to SPAC (the SPRING PERFORMING ARTS COMPANY!)   Our trip to NAUVOO was one to never forget!  Every night we performed across the street from the temple.  Every night we got to run around the temple in the LIGHTS after our performance.  It was a great experience...

I was about to enter the Clinical Laboratory Science major, as I had just received my acceptance letter, but then I had heard from Delynne Peay who told me about a change in the DANCE PROGRAM which made me rethink my future and where I wanted to go!  I was so excited to hear they changed the program and that almost ALL my dance credits would now count!  Then the next year I was also accepted on the Performing Arts Company team (PAC)!!  My goal was reached!!!  Folk dance has changed my life and Delynne Peay played a huge part in helping me accomplish that goal!!  So many hours dancing with her! 

I will never forget the first time I saw the FOLK DANCERS perform at Christmas Around the World my Freshman year and thought I WANT TO DO THAT!!!  Never having a clogging or Irish class I enrolled in EVERY CLASS I COULD which helped me finally be able to perform in that concert!  HAPPINESS!!! JOY!!!  Great MEMORIES with such great PEOPLE!!!  All those words describe Delynne Peay.  I will miss her. (http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/28368842?mobile_direct=y#.Utb1twFMlPo.facebook)
 "God be with you till me meet again..."      

No comments: