1. First Remove Base
2. Remove all fabric from chair. Try to do it carefully and pay attention to how the chair is put together. You will use the old fabric for your pattern.
3. Take out any hems to see full pattern of the fabric
4. Lay the pattern onto your new fabric. Make sure you think about how your fabric will lay when you put it on the chair. For example, I cut my first piece upside down! ooops! Guess it is good to always buy a little more of the fabric you will be using just in case this happens!
5. I had to replace some of the batting. So I just bought a yard and put it over the old stuff.
6. I got tired and didnt take pictures of the whole process of stapling. But really you just tack first and make sure it looks good and pulled even all around the sides. Make sure all the creases are pulled out. Then start stapling away!
7. We first put on the bottom piece and then did the top piece.
8. I made the piping and lined the back and bottom of the chair.
9. I then had to hand stitch the back of the chair which I don't ever recommend doing. Too much work!
10. I decided to use a different pattern for the back of the chair (idea off pinterest). I really don't think I like it all that much but this is a picture without the NAIL HEADS which I think will make the chair look more cohesive! I just had a lot of extra blue fabric from my dining room chairs so I thought I might as well experiment! It is my BOYISH/MISSIONARY feel chair!!
It is kind of hard having more boys in the family than girls. I feel like everything I REALLY like it too girly. So decorating my house is getting pretty frustrating. But I think overall this chair was a good project. I will show another picture once I get the nailheads in. But this is a somewhat done job. I hope that my next project to actually take a STEP BY STEP photo so I can really document it well!
1 comment:
Marin, I love it.
Where did you find the map fabric? I need that for my ottoman that I said I was going to recover 10 years ago. :-)
Love,
Lizzy
Post a Comment