Tuesday, December 25, 2012

No Room in the Inn

Tonight my kids and husband are asleep because of a sudden sickness that hit our family on Christmas morning.  It was really sad, but luckily everyone is feeling a little bit better.  Tonight I was just sitting in my rocking chair rocking McKay to sleep and couldn't but help to reflect on last Christmas.  I went into labor on Christmas day and was laboring the whole day and night and day and McKay came into the world on the 26th of December.  I remember how long that day seemed being in so much pain but thinking it will be okay when I get to the hospital.  I remember thinking "When I get to the hospital I will be able to rest and be able to prepare for the delivery!"  I wasn't able to rest and barely had a bed to deliver in.  I just can't help but feel somewhat of how Mary MUST have felt.  But Mary was delivering the SAVIOR of the WORLD and still there was NO ONE willing to giver her a warm bed to deliver her baby in!   How tired she must have felt and how hard  it must have been to accept that there just was no where to deliver the baby Jesus but in a stable.  How thankful I am for her strength!

My sister is due today with her 5th child.  I am so excited to see our new cousin come into this world!!  It will be really neat if her baby is born tomorrow on McKay's birthday!  Christmas will never feel the same.  My heart is so full of gratitude for our Savior and his great example and the peace that he brings into my life.  I am so grateful to be a Mommy!  That is truly the best present I have ever been given!  I am thankful for my testimony of the Savior and I know that he came to this earth so that we will overcome death and live again as an eternal family!  I love my family.  I am so grateful that I could see so much of our family in the past two months!  We LOVE being with everyone and wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Brynley you will do great!!!  We are praying for you!  Can't wait for that text to see our newest little girl cousin!!      

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have thought a lot about Mary as I had a due date close to Chrsistmas this year! Then, our little Zach came exactly one week before Christmas. I think it is such a special thing to have a new baby at Christmas time. I loved your thoughts about being in labor on Christmas and your experience about not getting the relief you thought at the hospital. Thanks for sharing.